$60.00
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

This should surprise no one who's been paying any attention or isn't blinded by their own partisan biases.

http://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/USA-ELECTION-RACE/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

This should surprise no one who's been paying any attention or isn't blinded by their own partisan biases.

Clinton supporters are far more racist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Couple of things

1) Taking off the partisan blinders - it is not like Hillary's supporters are covering themselves in Glory here. Hell you could say 1/3 of Hillary's supporters are deplorable using her own criteria.

2) I would very much like to see the source questions - these responses feel off to me (perhaps I am giving to much credit to my fellow Americans of all stripes). Your info graphic simply said there were from polls in March - April, but provided no other detail.

And finally, these "deplorables" all suck regardless of political stripe. (and I am voting for neither of these two candidates)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Couple of things

1) Taking off the partisan blinders - it is not like Hillary's supporters are covering themselves in Glory here. Hell you could say 1/3 of Hillary's supporters are deplorable using her own criteria.

2) I would very much like to see the source questions - these responses feel off to me (perhaps I am giving to much credit to my fellow Americans of all stripes). Your info graphic simply said there were from polls in March - April, but provided no other detail.

And finally, these "deplorables" all suck regardless of political stripe. (and I am voting for neither of these two candidates)

Yes, the survey found that about 1/3 of all Democrats and Republicans in general have some racist views. But the point, which you seem to have glossed over, is that it's far more pronounced specifically in Trump supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall DNC email leaks about "Taco Bowl outreach".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:

ninja faked by russian hackers ninja

although when it comes to taco bowl tactics, Trump wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting that Kasich supporters seem to average out along the level of Clinton supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Clinton supporters are far more racist.
Hmm, I'm not sure you are reading the graphs correctly. They seem equally racist to Kasich supporters and less racist than Trump supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dandechino wrote:

It was "taco bowl engagement", yep. Do you know what it was referring to? It was the specific campaign launched the day after trump made his tweet eating a taco bowl. It's not some generic racist term for Latinos (which makes no grammatical sense), it referred specifically to engaging people who were upset about the tweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Interesting that Kasich supporters seem to average out along the level of Clinton supporters.
It is interesting that since Trump filtered the GOP out of racists, the core moderate republicans aren't that much different than moderate democrats as far as race perceptions go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

As others have pointed out here, arguably racist views exist to a significant degree among Clinton supporters as well. More to the point, the poll you posted demonstrates less than half of Trump supporters hold these views and Hillary jumped out with half which is at least factually incorrect.

The real problem here is this represents a fairly undisciplined expression on her part. Hillary has positioned herself as a uniter. This means, her goal should be to build bridges and tie the differing parties together with common values. Attacking Trump and his views is expected. Disagreeing with racist, misogynistic and biased views is fair game.

Calling out a large chunk of Americans as "deplorable" is every bit as insensitive as Romney's infamous 47% quote and perhaps even more so. This is going to concretize Trumps base even more and perhaps motivate a slightly higher turnout for Trump. Those who are more ambivalent about Trump might take this personally.

This was just bad politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

These poll questions are all related to racism. Hillary was also talking about sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and islamophobia. Anybody who doubts that at least 50% of Trump's supporters possess at least one of those traits is either extremely naïve or extremely stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
90% of the Racism in America Comes from the Democratic Party and the Left

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2015/6/25/90-of-the-racism-i...

"They live off it and exploit it. It is unconscionable to the degree they do this, ruining the lives and futures of the very people they say they are helping in the process.

I am uniquely positioned to say this because I spent most of my life on the Left and was a civil rights worker in the South in my early twenties. I was also, to my everlasting regret, a donor to the Black Panther Party in the seventies. ...

The Left is far, far worse. They are obsessed with race in a manner that does not allow them to see straight. Further, they project racism onto others continually, exacerbating situations, which in most instances weren't even there in the first place. ...

The majority of Americans are from families that came to this country after slavery existed. ...

The racial situation in this country has gotten decidedly worse since (Obama) took office. And he is a great deal to blame. ...

I've spent time abroad and speak Spanish and French and if Mr. Obama thinks the U.S. is a racist country, he ought to do a little bit of traveling not on Air Force One. Try sitting at a French dinner table for twenty minutes and listening to the casual conversation if you think America is racist. The truth is the USA is remarkably un-racist for a country its size. ...

The Democrat Party and its assorted media hacks are trying to take us backwards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when Clinton said that 47% of Trump supported are racists she was not that far off.

But yes it is depressing how many Democrats are too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tagge
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The numbers seem off. Roughly 98% (give or take 2%) of all adults have prejudices. I really don't know what percentage of folks have stuff like Alzheimer's or other brain issues.

It's just something the brain does in order to function smoothly. Now someone might say they lack a particular prejudice when comparing themselves to others, but that is because they lived in different cultures where holding that particular prejudice doesn't provide any efficiency gains.

Anyone who thinks they are a special snowflake is self-deluded and an elitist snob. You cannot control your brain that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mtagge wrote:
The numbers seem off. Roughly 98% (give or take 2%) of all adults have prejudices. I really don't know what percentage of folks have stuff like Alzheimer's or other brain issues.

It's just something the brain does in order to function smoothly. Now someone might say they lack a particular prejudice when comparing themselves to others, but that is because they lived in different cultures where holding that particular prejudice doesn't provide any efficiency gains.

Anyone who thinks they are a special snowflake is self-deluded and an elitist snob. You cannot control your brain that way.
Do you have a source for this 98% claim?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Artaxerxes wrote:

These poll questions are all related to racism. Hillary was also talking about sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and islamophobia. Anybody who doubts that at least 50% of Trump's supporters possess at least one of those traits is either extremely naïve or extremely stupid.

The point is it doesn't matter whether its true, it's bad politics either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mtagge wrote:
You cannot control your brain that way.
There is a difference between stifling an impulse thought you know is irrational and actual campaigning to punish a whole group because of a an unrelated physical trait. I can be an elitist snowflake snob for trying to fight my antisocial hindbrain. Just giving up and embracing it would just make me a mouth breathing racist. But you are right, I am prejudiced against racists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Couple of things

REFRESHINGLY CANDID and HONEST, sir.

I for one can't stand either candidate. Not a Trump supporter and never have been.

My vote is PURELY about keeping Hillary out of the office. It is sad when an election has come down to "try to pick the one who sucks the least", but that is what this election has come down to.

We've had worse elections in the history of our nation.

But not in my lifetime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Utrecht wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Couple of things

I for one can't stand either candidate. Not a Trump supporter and never have been.

My vote is PURELY about keeping Hillary out of the office. It is sad when an election has come down to "try to pick the one who sucks the least", but that is what this election has come down to.

But not in my lifetime.

Fun fact: If you vote for Trump, you are, by definition, a Trump supporter. Maybe not an enthusiastic one, but a supporter all the same.

Feel free to rationalize all you want, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
tstone wrote:
Utrecht wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Couple of things

But not in my lifetime.

Fun fact: If you vote for Trump, you are, by definition, a Trump supporter. Maybe not an enthusiastic one, but a supporter all the same.

I actually want to hear in what alternate universe Hillary is even remotely the worse of the two candidates
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Clinton was right that some Trump supporters have "deplorable" opinions in that they have racist opinions.

She was still wrong to say that it's 50% and she was still wrong to act like people who have racist ideas are beyond redemption. Plus the phrase "basket of deplorables" is just awkward. It sounds weird and out of touch, it's dehumanizing.

Yes, racism is bad. Racists can still do good things if you treat them like human beings.

It is not presidential to act like there is a segment of the American public which you estimate at about 20% which should just be cast into the outer darkness and forgotten forever, even if your point is that there's another 20% that you're trying to reach.

It's a shitty way to get at that point. It was a gaffe. We need to admit it and move on the way she has.

In an election which is basically between "not Trump" and "not Hillary" she needs to focus on his negatives and not making her negatives any stronger, not on attacking his supporters thus making her negatives bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
toku42 wrote:
tstone wrote:
Utrecht wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Couple of things

But not in my lifetime.

I actually want to hear in what alternate universe Hillary is even remotely the worse of the two candidates

This one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
toku42 wrote:
tstone wrote:
Utrecht wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Couple of things

But not in my lifetime.

This one.

Trump has lied about 9/11 to whip up religious hatred, called for war crimes in promoting the killing of family members of terrorist, talked about the "good old days" when you could send out protestors on a stretcher.

So you must be talking about the alternate universe/history where the Germans won WWII and are in charge of the US. In that scenario she is the "worse" of the two candidates
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
toku42 wrote:
tstone wrote:
Utrecht wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Couple of things

But not in my lifetime.

This one.

Trump has lied about 9/11 to whip up religious hatred, called for war crimes in promoting the killing of family members of terrorist, talked about the "good old days" when you could send out protestors on a stretcher.

So you must be talking about the alternate universe/history where the Germans won WWII and are in charge of the US. In that scenario she is the "worse" of the two candidates

Has Hillary lied about anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.