Subject: Wolf of the Week #240: BerenCamlost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do your best, and that is enough.
badge
Assume at any given point I'm just screaming internally.
mbmbmbmbmb
Near the beginning of this year, during one of his first ever games; Rainbow Werewolf 5, I remember Beren telling everyone that he was quite overwhelmed by the game but he was determined to overcome it. Flash forward a few months, and one could find Beren simultaneously playing in 7 different games, so I think he's definitely managed to overcome that hurdle! laugh

In the space of half a year, Beren has become a regular and playful presence around here, often playing every game he can, heck, he even has more games logged than I do, and I turned up maybe 4/5 months before he did! Anywho, he's really grown as a player, and I'm proud to call him my cutie!

Beren wrote:
Wow! I don't feel like I deserve this recognition at all, but it goes without saying that I am honored to be chosen as a WotW and by the man who modded my very first Hi game with Ling in March of this year. Rorab has become one of the greatest wonders of my life and I would never have met him had I not stumbled upon this site just several months ago. I've had many amazing experiences playing WW on these forums.

My name is Patrick. I'm 34, born March 8th, and a Pisces. I was born and raised in Augusta, GA and attended the number one school in the state of Georgia, Davidson Fine Arts, where I studied theater and music. I've been an actor and performer for almost my entire life. I feel comfortable onstage and I recently got into directing as well.

I attended the University of Georgia where I also studied theater and vocal performance, but my desire for the finer things in life turned me toward a different career and I received my Bachelors and Masters in Accounting. I then became a CPA and I'm super proud of those three letters behind my name. The work isn't as exciting as acting, but it definitely pays the bills more consistently.

I live in Atlanta, GA, but I have lived in New York City for about two years and in LA for about nine months as well. I do call Georgia my home as its close to my family and a majority of my friends.

I love to travel. I will find any excuse to do so thus why I want to go to every Con imaginable now that I've discovered the joys of Werewolf. I also would love to meet all of you in person, because when I found this place I was going through some hard times. In fact, this year hasn't really been my best and it has been these forums and these people who have helped me through it.

I didn't even know what Werewolf was in real life until this past February and now I am one of Atlanta's foremost Werewolfers (read: crazy addicted). I love social deduction and enjoy the interaction of the game. I'm extremely outgoing, friendly, somewhat outlandish and I definitely try to have fun in everything I do!

Thank you again to my darling Baby Cat and this lovely community for welcoming me and making me feel at home. I love you all!

Poll
Two truths and a lie!
I'm left-handed
I attend the World Showcase in Shanghai
I have performed at Carnegie Hall
      18 answers
Poll created by The_Rorab
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most hearty congratulations, Beren, and well deserved! Looking forward to meeting you at BGG.con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Storm
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

Top 5 musicals, in order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkarrigan wrote:
Congrats!

That's an excellent question. I'd be hard-pressed to order a top 5 out of all I've seen; I'd be interested in seeing his list.

I recall writing a list down in a thread somewhere here and recently thought I forgot to list a few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Congrats, Beren!

So, there used to be a guy on the forum named Guenhwyvhar. He was infamous in the WOTW threads, not because he asked a bajillion and one questions, but because he asked one single question. As he has drifted away from participating in the Village Square, I have decided to take up his mantle. Hate me if you want. ...

---------------
You are the moderator of a Hi game. Your players can be anybody, real or fictional, living or dead. Who would you have in your game? What roles would everyone have? Which team would win? What would be the standout plays, or who would be the MVP of the game? What else is interesting about this game?

If you want to get ideas by looking at some of the previous answers, you can look at The Epic Question Thread!

These are the roles for a Hi game:
Quote:
Villager x5
Brutal Hunter
Seer
Martyr

Sorcerer-Cultist (immune to NK)
Werewolf (first dead werewolf is brutal)
Werewolf

If you want to use the old standard P11, the only changes are that the Sorcerer-Cultist is not immune to the NK and only views for Seer, and that one wolf is a dedicated brutal Werewolf.
---------------

If you want a sample, here is mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Don't freak out, Teddy. But... I think you're the king of space."
badge
"But when I warp time and space... I use my words. And I say I'm a bigger deal in this reality than you are."
mbmbmbmbmb
bkarrigan wrote:
Congrats!

This is difficult for me, because I have different favorite lists like favorites I've seen, favorites I've listened to, favorites I've been in, favorites I WANT to be in, etc. I'll try to keep it generic and a mix of all of my criteria.

Rent
Into the Woods
Cabaret
Parade
Little Shop of Horrors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
There is scarcely any passion without struggle
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Storm
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BerenCamlost wrote:
bkarrigan wrote:
Congrats!

This is difficult for me, because I have different favorite lists like favorites I've seen, favorites I've listened to, favorites I've been in, favorites I WANT to be in, etc. I'll try to keep it generic and a mix of all of my criteria.

Rent
Into the Woods
Cabaret
Parade
Little Shop of Horrors

My wife is the same way. Cabaret is one of her favorites though. I have yet to see into the woods and parade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Beren!

Would you rather replace your non-writing hand with a toaster or a kettle?

What's your favourite fish?

How many limes could you fit in your mouth, based on medium limes and not having to close your mouth?

Would you rather have Hulk Hogan's hair or his sextape on permanent play wherever you went?

What's the best kind of dancing?

Where on earth would you most like to visit?

What's the best thing about Atlanta, other than the fact that one of my best mates lives there?

Cheese or yoghurt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how one pins a thread a la my WotW thread was?

Also, hey cutie, question will be inbound when I have a brain, but gratsss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ron makes magic happen or bothers an admin?

Beren, congrats, man! You are definitely a member of our regular crew, someone it is now hard to imagine playing WW without!

What is your favorite play you've made in a WW game?

What is your favorite play someone else has made in a WW game?

What would be your perfect pirate ship crew?

If you had 4 co-evils, who would you most want them to be?

If you could give up all your popularity to save a life, would you do it? What would you do with your own life afterward?

What is your favorite musical key to sing in?

What are the most important attributes of a good music conductor?

When people meet you, do they guess you are older or younger than you are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
The_Rorab wrote:

Already working on it.

I can't do it, but I've set in motion the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

Already working on it.

I can't do it, but I've set in motion the process.

Thanks Lingy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Lingy?

o.O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
You should try asking for my number.
badge
The second life isn't like the first one, is it?
mbmbmb
YAY! I'll send you some questions at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Beren!

What're your go-to audition pieces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay yay yay!!! Congrats Beren!!! kiss well deserved WOTW

What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?

Just, hypothetically, if we had kids, what would you want to name them?

What cheers you up?

If you randomly switched genders in a weird sort of Freaky Friday thing, what would you do first?

If we got trapped somewhere forever, and eventually ran out of food, and I eventually died, would you eat me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
badge
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Beren.

Scenario:

You've been selected to be a participant in a human psychological trial. Three individuals have been assigned to live with you in an underwater habitation unit, somewhere in international waters, for the next ten years.

As a part of the trial you have to murder one of the individuals. You must have sex every third night for the length of the trial with one of the individuals. The final individual will be your companion. You will spend all your awake time with this individual but it must never become physical. If you break any of the rules of the trial the unit will immediately fill with extremely cold salt water, killing you all.

The three individuals you've been placed with are myself, ljtrigirl and Jared.

What happens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
badge
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amekins wrote:
...would you eat me?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

Cast seven BGG users in Mean Girls alongside you and provide their characters.

What is your least favorite color?

If you had to (or, get to) sleep with three male celebrities, who would you choose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
"But when I warp time and space... I use my words. And I say I'm a bigger deal in this reality than you are."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to get to all the questions tomorrow now that my weekly games have ended and/or are about to end. Thanks y'all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
BerenCamlost wrote:
I'm going to get to all the questions tomorrow now that my weekly games have ended and/or are about to end. Thanks y'all!

*Obnoxiously looks at watch*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apocaloctopus
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BerenCamlost wrote:
bkarrigan wrote:
Congrats!

Rent
Into the Woods
Cabaret
Parade
Little Shop of Horrors

Dude. Wicked. Fiddler on the Roof. Avenue Q. Chess. My Fair Lady. The Music Man. The Phantom of the Opera (I don't care how cheesy it is, it's a damn good show). Chicago. Sweet Charity. The Producers. West Side Story. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Camelot. Parade? shake

Chacun à son goût, I suppose. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apocaloctopus
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Lingy?

o.O

Pronounced "Lin-Jee".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
Congrats, Beren!

Would you rather replace your non-writing hand with a toaster or a kettle?

What's your favourite fish?

How many limes could you fit in your mouth, based on medium limes and not having to close your mouth?

Would you rather have Hulk Hogan's hair or his sextape on permanent play wherever you went?

What's the best kind of dancing?

Where on earth would you most like to visit?

What's the best thing about Atlanta, other than the fact that one of my best mates lives there?

Cheese or yoghurt?

A kettle, to make tea like TFang!

I'm pretty sure I could get at least three limes. I've had practice.

His sex tape. I don't need that ratty mop my whole life.

Broadway dancing, of course! That includes tap and jazz. I do actually love tap. Ballroom comes in a close second.

I'd love to visit Rome and the Vatican!

The best thing about Atlanta are my friends. I also love the cost of living and Coca-Cola!

Cheese! Cheese is pretty much my favorite food.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.