Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Painter
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering when GoL is going to hit Canada? I haven't seen it listed at Boardgamebliss and my FLGS says it isn't out. Any word?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's listed for pre-order at Board Game Bliss. Maybe contact them and see if they have an ETA?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It is out. We advised distributors to pre-order based on how much demand we saw (such as at conventions) and only a few did, and they were all gone immediately. It's possible that the distributor(s) he's using didn't order copies before they were all spoken for, in which case it'll probably be the second print run (late october/early november) before he's able to get a copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
It is out. We advised distributors to pre-order based on how much demand we saw (such as at conventions) and only a few did, and they were all gone immediately. It's possible that the distributor(s) he's using didn't order copies before they were all spoken for, in which case it'll probably be the second print run (late october/early november) before he's able to get a copy?

I'm pretty sure he ordered some right away - back when I pre-ordered WAY back, but maybe they're still filtering through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It is 100% possible that he requested copies from his distributor in enough time. The unfortunate part of it is that many distributors do not act upon such information in a timely fashion. In fact, a common thing is that the distributor will assume that they'll get a few from which they'll pull aside for store level pre-orders at that time, rather than actually pre-ordering.

On the flip side of the coin, some distributors are entirely on top of things.

But if he hasn't gotten any yet, I'm pretty sure he'll be stuck without any until the second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.