Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you are interested, The Beacon in Wantage is holding another of its games evenings on Friday 23rd September.

http://beaconwantage.co.uk/whats-on/games-night

I won't be able to make this one (we're off travelling to Cornwall for a wedding), but figured I'd spread the word anyway.

The supply of games provided my the organisers has been dire in previous months, and I have no reason to believe that will change any time soon, but last time I turned up with some friends and some good, quick-to-learn-and-play games and began the battle for hearts and minds, winning some early skirmishes and, I think, opening the way for more good stuff in future. There was certainly a general acceptance of folk bringing their own games, and we got one of the organisers to join in with us and other people expressed interest in our games.

So, if you do go, I recommend taking some games along and being ready to do some explaining. It would be great to raise this into a really good event in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't got this time (in the States), but just wondering what the parking is like there? I'd have to drive from Faringdon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Can't got this time (in the States), but just wondering what the parking is like there? I'd have to drive from Faringdon.

Parking is pretty good there -- a decent sized car park right by the venue, and it's free to park from (IIRC) 6pm.

Enjoy the travels!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
www.boardgoats.org
United Kingdom
Stanford-in-the-Vale, Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry about the double posting, but we wanted to pick up any subscriptions.

We've checked the details with the toy shop and The Beacon and have put details of the next Beacon Games Night on our website.

Hopefully we can get a continue the Good Fight in your absence!

nannyGOAT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.