Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection» Forums » Rules

Subject: Brit Bot Free march and battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Razler
msg tools
Playing the Brit non-player and got event #48

"British free march to 1 space and may (emphasis added) free battle there."

I am having trouble deciding if and how to implement this event.

The situation on the board has several spaces where I could battle and inflect Reb. casualties. So, it would seem that I should take the event.

However 8.3.5

"For multiple free Commands (such as
“March then Battle”), use the priorities for the first."

conflicts with

"If a Non-player Faction executes an Event due to one of the
“Event or Command?” questions on the flowchart, select
as many spaces as possible that match that question before
selecting other spaces (if any)."

in that the March priorities would have them march to spaces to gain control but where there would be no battle.

Also, the card says "march and may battle" which seems to leave the option open to not battle and therefore not cause any casualties.

Do I use the March or Battle priorities to select the space and if there can be no Battle in the selected space do I pass the event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In this case you need to check both instructions: March to see where the bot would go (only one single space, since the Event doesn't allow more than that), and Battle to see if it would actually do Battle in that single destination space.

If the bot wouldn't Battle in the March destination, then the Event won't inflict Rebel Casualties.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
OK - so use the March priorities first.

In this case, march to add British control has me going to a space with no Reb pieces to battle, so I would pass on the event.

Got it. Thanks!

As a follow up...

Am I correct that if I do get the event based on 1D6 5+, then the event would be effective regardless of a battle because it says "march and may battle"? In that case I would march to one space and battle if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes; the March makes the Event "effective" (though not particularly useful).

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.