US only on the NATO side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Russo
United States
flag msg tools
Yup, US Army Europe for NATO (no USMC or older stateside equipment).

British and Germans each have their own expansions.
Don't know how far along they are but they have hit P500 numbers so hopefully once production slots open they make the queue.

There are plans for a Canadian expansion also (4CMBG) but that might be after some WW2 expansions for Panzer.

I'm wondering what Soviet vehicles are going to be included in two (maybe three) more expansions?
Are there two expansions worth of Soviet equipment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ardennes4412 wrote:
I'm wondering what Soviet vehicles are going to be included in two (maybe three) more expansions?

MBT included the most significant Soviet mechanized units of the period. The same is the case for the US units.

The counter mix for the BAOR and FRG expansions haven't been locked in at this point. They may be room for some additional units.

The Soviet units not included are those related to the Soviet airborne and marine forces. The same is true for the US. There may be the option to produce an expansion covering those forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthonii ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Australia
flag msg tools
4.6 Five Mississippi
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:

The Soviet units not included are those related to the Soviet airborne and marine forces. The same is true for the US. There may be the option to produce an expansion covering those forces.

Yes please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer1701d wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing the 4CMBG being included in the BOAR Expansion.

Since the two forces don't share any common equipment, the 4CMBG is just too large to fit in with BAOR.

In any event, during the period covered by the game the 4CMBG didn't operate in in BAOR's NATO NORTHAG command area. It was part of the US VII Corps to the south in NATO CENTAG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
NATO with US, westgerman, british, canadian and perhaps french units!

I would like to play also more warsaw pact units. Where are the czech, east german and polish units? A Warsaw Pact expansion would be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyd
msg tools
Please add the East German Army. I was in the U.S. Army in military intelligence in Europe during the time of this game. The Soviets were not nearly our equal in training, motivation or leadership. The East Germans did scare us. They would be a very excellent addition to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
ardennes4412 wrote:
Yup, US Army Europe for NATO (no USMC or older stateside equipment).

British and Germans each have their own expansions.
Don't know how far along they are but they have hit P500 numbers so hopefully once production slots open they make the queue.

There are plans for a Canadian expansion also (4CMBG) but that might be after some WW2 expansions for Panzer.

Eastern Euro WP partner ... guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
The typical WP-equipment would fit in future expansions. There should be more WP and soviet equipment included.

Most WP and soviet tanks had no ERA in 1987. Where are the basic T-72, T-72 A and T-72 B, T-64 A, T-64 B, T-80 B and T-62 for the Soviets? WP-Troops could field T-55 A, T-55 AM2,T-55 AM2B, T-72, T-72 M and T-72 M1.

As ICV and APC I propose normal BMP-1, BMP-2 (small numbers), BTR-70, BTR-60, BTR-50, BTR-152 and OT-64.

The East german army fielded many MT-12 AT-guns towed from MTLB´s.

As attack helicopter/aircraft there could be Mi-24 D and Su-22 M4/Mig-23 BN.

There were many east german, polish and czech divisions in the european theater of operations, but only one canadian brigade with Leo 1 Tanks.

So why not a WP-expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
So why not a WP-expansion?

That would be awesome!

And we have so many experts on WP, East German, Czech and Polish unit, OOB and equipment actively posting here now they can surely all get together somehow and work on something.

Why wait for the designer to do it all alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.