Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Large scale political simulation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thisis Myname
msg tools
I remember reading about a game/simulation that had players grouped up to represent countries (I imagine something like 10 countries of 5-7 players each?). Each country had a president, media coordinator, general and some other roles I forget. There was an organization team that would publish "newsletters" with information about in-game events while the game was going. There were some events where only some roles were invited into a closed off room (for example, for a UN session).

Anyone remember this? I can't seem to find any references to anything like this other than educational games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thisis Myname
msg tools
Obviously found it right after posting: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xcom-meets-model-un-in-t... for anyone interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shut up and Sit down made videos from two of those events that were pretty entertaining if you're interested to see how it actually plays out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thisis Myname
msg tools
I'm reading into it, and it's even more complex than I remembered. Any tips for games that could be run with 1-3 organizers and 40-50 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the rulebook that I think is made for the players: http://www.megagame-makers.org.uk/download/WTS%20Human%20Han...

I think if you run the game you need more information for behind the scenes stuff, for that you could maybe contact the organizers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.