Subject: If you look for a challenge, try this setup... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this one last night with my girlfriend, lost 3 times in a row. One was perhaps the shortest game ever.... I think it's possible to win it, but you have to be lucky enough not to draw a twist for a while.

Scheme: Predict Future Crime
Mastermind: Baron Helmut Zemo
Villain groups: Thunderbolts, CSA Special Marshals, K'un-Lun
Henchmen: Magma Men
Heroes: Black Swan, Patriot, Hulkling, Falcon, Elsa Bloodstone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh man, a quick loss and then a very frustrating draw.

The second game was on a knife edge one a twist turned a master strike, a bystander and then another twist, how mad in that! Later in the game Apocalyptic Vision revealed the last twist with one city space empty. On the next hand came the twist the first card sent Radioactive man to the wound pile, the second was the last master strike and the third a villain filling the city. There followed a last dash to clear the city and strike the MM four times, as the last few cards available in the villain pile turned inevitably over, he was hit once then twice but always just too short of hitting him twice each turn. In the end the last hand lacked any punch and the hoped for win slid like villains into the night.
In the end, two escaped villains, with wound stack and bystander stack fortified.
P1: 32
P2: 35
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
oh man, a quick loss and then a very frustrating draw.

The second game was on a knife edge one a twist turned a master strike, a bystander and then another twist, how mad in that! Later in the game Apocalyptic Vision revealed the last twist with one city space empty. On the next hand came the twist the first card sent Radioactive man to the wound pile, the second was the last master strike and the third a villain filling the city. There followed a last dash to clear the city and strike the MM four times, as the last few cards available in the villain pile turned inevitably over, he was hit once then twice but always just too short of hitting him twice each turn. In the end the last hand lacked any punch and the hoped for win slid like villains into the night.
In the end, two escaped villains, with wound stack and bystander stack fortified.
P1: 32
P2: 35

Didn't think I'd have another chance to play this today but I did, third time lucky, Good wins!

P1: 35
P2: 52

I was doing so well, when, with four villains in the city I drew a scheme and I thought it was all over, I threw down the twist in frustration thinking that it was the end, then as I drew the three cards the first was a villain, the second a bystander and the third a scheme, omg, saved again. Two hands to clear space before the next twist and it was everything to do it.

When the last twist turned up some time later, there was only seven cards left to draw and three went with the scheme. That left four turns to hit the MM four times. P2 hit him once, P1 hit him once, P2 hit him twice with once hand to go before the horrible draw. Talk about tension.

Question, did you choose the heroes or were they chosen, and why?

Awesome Sunday thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, congrats. I will have to give it another try! I chose the first heroes/mastermind/villains I saw when I opened the Secret Wars volume 2 box (which contains SW volume 2, Civil War and the Cap expansion) and I hand-picked the henchman and the scheme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.