Subject: Easy to travel with Horror themed game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I am heading down to universal on the 23rd. We will be going to Halloween Horror Nights. I always try to bring as many small sized games as I can travel with to play as the night dies down with my wife. I'm curious if there are any small sized horror themed games that are easy to travel with? I suppose I could always toss run fight or die back into the original box and out of the Big Box, and that would be a good travel size. Any other recommendations out there??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryce kartchner
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cthulhu Realms, which is it A two player deck builder similar to Star Rounds, it's very compact. The game is made by tasty minstrel, and it should be fairly available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TSR's Vampyre Minigame is an oldie but a goodie. I think it's better than its BGG rating, but that may be nostalgia speaking. It's definitely travel sized, and very thematic for Halloween.

Be warned, though -- if you can find a copy it'll likely cost you an arm and a leg, and more than a few pints of blood... (queue spooky organ music)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
AnglePark wrote:
TSR's Vampyre Minigame is an oldie but a goodie. I think it's better than its BGG rating, but that may be nostalgia speaking. It's definitely travel sized, and very thematic for Halloween.

Be warned, though -- if you can find a copy it'll likely cost you an arm and a leg, and more than a few pints of blood... (queue spooky organ music)

Ya I was hoping for stuff I could order in the next couple of days and get before I go pD

That does sound cool though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I should mention that the game should play well with 2 players.

I will definitely be checking out Cthulhu Realms not sure how I missed that game. I am a big Cthulhu fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Elder Sign with my wife when we travel. We can usually take over a table in the lobby or hallway of a hotel if weather is bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
OrangeCat X wrote:
I play Elder Sign with my wife when we travel. We can usually take over a table in the lobby or hallway of a hotel if weather is bad.

I considered Elder Sign, the box is a little too large for what I am looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludvig Stigsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
When I get my card game Seance published, I will recommend that.

Until then, Zombie Dice and Vampyre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I grabbed Cthulhu Realms, Tides of Madness and Dark Gothic. Not sure on the box size for Dark Gothic but it looks small enough.

I also grabbed a number of other small boxed games to choose from, to go with already a bunch that I have in my collection. I should have plenty to choose from now! My plan is to bring enough games for a different experience every night (might be pushing my luck there though ). 8 nights to be exact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Crimson Creek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
TimTix wrote:

I kickstarted that actually. It won't be delivered before I leave for the trip though. Probably not gonna come until around Halloween.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.