Battleground» Forums » General

Subject: Chance of reprints on out of stock material? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've been looking at this game with some interest over the last week or two. Actually much longer than that (before online stores were a thing lol)! I think I'm finally ready to dive in.

I saw you can buy stuff for it on Amazon or Funagain (no local FLGS for me unfortunately) but I noticed that some things, like the Men of Hawkshold Starter, seem to be out of stock everywhere I look, maybe even out of print.

I thought I'd just buy a reinforcement deck and not worry about it, but then I noticed the starter has the command cards.

My question is this: Is there a reprint of out of print items, like the Hawkshold Starter, in the works? My hope was to start with the early factions and follow the progression of the game if I liked it.

Thank you for the help. I did see that this question was asked in the past, but not recently. Always worth a shot I figure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To further compound your problem, the original designer/owner just sold the business to another entity. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petru5 wrote:
To further compound your problem, the original designer/owner just sold the business to another entity. Good luck.

That probably will help with his problem, since the new owner is likely to have more time for this venture than the old one did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Petru5 wrote:

That probably will help with his problem, since the new owner is likely to have more time for this venture than the old one did.

Speaking as someone with access to the part of the publisher website forum that is restricted to only a few, I can categorically state that it DEFINITELY will help.

Regarding the Hawkshold Starter - it is completely sold out. Although there the new owners are looking at possibilities to reprint you should not expect that for quite a while. I recommend that you look around for a second hand set here on the BGG marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Perea
msg tools
Indeed. So excited about seeing new units and factions. Got every single one. I recommend buying the latest ones. Monsters and mercenaries are a great faction. High elves have a very varied army with all the staples. Das elves are full of flavor. Any faction after the dwarfs are better graphically speaking. Though I love the undead skeleton horde and my wolf riding goblins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is as I feared then. The age of men is over, they are broken and scattered. There is one who would unite them, but this day it is not me.

Thanks for the replies. I will keep my eyes open. Looking forward to checking out this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Tom Vasel and second edition is coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.