Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how this game would really work with two if negotiation is such a big element. If your only opponent doesn't corporate then what? Does the game force them to somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look in the kickstarter updates there is information about how the games plays with 2.

So, no it shouldn't say 3+.

CORRECTION: The update is not particularly about playing with 2, it is about how you can be successful without negotiation. I think that would cover the case where your opponent chooses not to negotiate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carrion wrote:
If you look in the kickstarter updates there is information about how the games plays with 2.

So, no it shouldn't say 3+.

CORRECTION: The update is not particularly about playing with 2, it is about how you can be successful without negotiation. I think that would cover the case where your opponent chooses not to negotiate.

When it first launched the designers said it wouldn't work well with two.. Maybe they changed it but still my opinion stands until proven otherwise. Too many times people slap 2+ on the box but the game really needs more.

EDIT: I just went through all the updates, don't' see any mention to the two player game. Honestly it really doesn't seem like it was thought out well or tested. How can negotiation with two ever work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Treat
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a somewhat different experience, but Merchants of Araby does work with two players. There's much less negotiation, but the game doesn't rely on negotiation to be fun or interesting. There are still many ways to play your cards, draft, and strategize. And you'll find that like Medici vs Strozzi, negotiation is still possible and relevant with just two players.

Thanks for checking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtreat wrote:
It's a somewhat different experience, but Merchants of Araby does work with two players. There's much less negotiation, but the game doesn't rely on negotiation to be fun or interesting. There are still many ways to play your cards, draft, and strategize. And you'll find that like Medici vs Strozzi, negotiation is still possible and relevant with just two players.

Thanks for checking!

I was under the impression that negotiation was a main mechanic? Perhaps I'll look at the rule book

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.