Latitude 90: The Origin» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Latitude 90: The Origin- PBF #2, Round 7 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Admiral of the South L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Large parts of this rules post are stolen from Jarek's PBF #1. Things in blue text are changes from the base game/original PBF.

Goal:

Uninfected Researchers win if they spend their limited Votes (Tests) on revealing roles of all Infected Masters. Otherwise Infected Masters win (or if the time runs out).

Roles:
Origin- Infected, starts at Level 4.
Corrupter- Infected, starts at Level 1, gets an OPG Infect outside of the packages.
Corrupted- Infected, starts as researcher, created by the Corrupter. They can choose the overall content of their package clues.
Mailman- This role will go to the first researcher tested. They can pick one player each day. One of their packages will contain information about that player.
Receptionist- This role will go to the second researcher tested. Must open any package sent to them.

Schedule:

- Game will be divided into 7 Rounds lasting 24 hours each. At 0900 (Dusk) I will process all actions/orders (via Cassandra). Once all actions are processed, I will announce new Round (Dawn) and send all updates.
No actions will be processed on weekends.

- Each Dawn you will receive Status Report including:
-- your Role
-- your Infection status
-- list of all Infected players (if you're Infected)
-- content of all packages you've opened last Round
-- list of your suspicions sent to mod last Round
-- list of available targets for your package

- Public information each Dawn:
-- Round number
-- number of infected players
-- number of players that voted last Round
-- number of Tests left
-- roles of Tested players (if any)

Packages:

New Samples are generated each Round. Researchers have limited Samples (can send packages to subset of players). The Origin can always send sample to anyone. Regardless of your role, you may only send up to one sample each Round.

You have to decide what to do with each package you received during the Round. Unopened packages will be Discarded by default.

-If opened, one of two things occur: either A) Get true information (if sample is not infectious) or B) Get infected (if sample is infectious).

Choosing to open a sample is the risky choice. By doing so, you expose yourself to the risk of being infected. However, without opening them, you cannot get the information you need to identify the Infected Masters.

Information in the packages include (but are not limited to):
- ljtrigirl was an Uninfected Researcher when she sent this to you.
- Avin could send packages to jmilum last round.
- ljtrigirl either sent to Avin or jmilum last round.
- ljtrigirl's mark on Avin in Round 2 was incorrect.
- Avin could not infect anyone Round 3.
- ljtrigirl, Avin, and jmilum are not all on the same team.
- ljtrigirl and Avin were on the same team at the time this package was sent.

Packages are sent instantaneously, so you will be notified when you are sent on. Packages are all opened or discarded at dusk, so it's possible you could get information that is no longer true but was at the time the package was sent.

Marking Players:

Assign suspected role of each player: Researcher, Infected Master, Infected Minion. If left empty, it'll be marked as Unknown.
You may mark as little or as many players as you want.
This is really important. Marking a player is guessing their role. Clues in packages will be generated based on the accuracy of your marks.

- Promote Minion
Already Infected player opening an Infectious sample from Level 2 and higher players will "level" up, increasing their chances to generate infectious samples by 25%. This can be applied to the Corruptor as well.

Level 0- Starting level of any Infected Researcher.
Level 1- Starting level of Corrupter, 25% chance that packages infect, joins Infection chat.
Level 2- 50% chance that packages infect, infected packages can upgrade other infected.
Level 3- 75% chance that packages infect, learn whether or not your packages are opened.
Level 4- Starting level of the Origin, 100% chance that packages infect.

Order of NIGHT actions

-- Corruptor corrupts (once per game)
-- process all packages in the following order: Players become infected, infected upgrade in levels, and clues are distributed.
-- update Marks of each Player
-- check if majority of non-infected players Voted for one player. If so, reveal their role.
-- generate package targets for next Round. Roll to check if sample is Infectious (it's known to owner of sample)
-- notify everyone about new round. Infected get updated list of Infected players (including roles)

Replacements:

If you go an entire day without a) submitting any orders and b) posting to the thread, you will be replaced out.

Communication:

There are no private GMs between players or OOG discussions. Shared documents MAY be created, but everyone has to be able to access them.

Link to PBF #1
Link to Youtube Videos #1, #2, #3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Latitude 90: The Origin- PBF #2 (In Signups)
This is mod!LJ’s standard rules post. Some of this might not apply. Ignore it if it doesn’t.

Friendly Game: First and foremost, this is a friendly game. Don’t be mean to people. Things like name calling and personal attacks will not be tolerated and may result in a perma-ban from my games if I tell you that you are crossing lines and you don’t stop. If you feel like someone else crossed a line, let me know, and I can talk to them for you.

Conditional Orders: These are accepted for orders, views, kills, et cetera. They can be things like “If Irina flips Seer, NK Belash instead”, “If 4th is lynched, view Lemon”, or even “Consider Ziilch my perma-backup view if I don’t have a valid order in.” They can’t be things like, “If someone hard claims Seer between now and dawn, protect them.” If you’re unsure, just ask!

Deadlines: All deadlines are X:X0:59. That means that if dusk is at 2pm, any posts with 2:00pm timestamp are valid. If Dawn is at 12:30, orders with a 12:31 timestamp will not be accepted. If a deadline happens and I don’t call dawn/dusk/give results/etc, hold the horse. I’ll be there shortly.

Brutal Orders: Brutals are mandatory unless otherwise stated. If you are brutal and do not have a valid order or conditional in place, your brutal will take out someone from your own team. So be sure to use orders and add conditionals if you might have a brutal.

Speeding Things Up: Nightfalls are valid options. If nightfall votes happen such that lynch results are locked, I will process dusk. If this is a game with vote manipulation, I will not unless there’s enough of a margin that any voting manipulation will not be given away. Unless I say otherwise, locking your game orders at night will speed up dawn.

Minimum Requirements: This falls between a Post for Your Life and a Proof of Life game. There is no minimum posting requirement, but if you’re not engaged in the game, I might replace you out. If you’re only going to make 1 post each day, they better be good posts. Likewise, if you miss a set of night orders, you can’t make them up, and I will replace you out. You don’t have to be omnipresent, but you need to be playing.

ModChat Information: Doing anything akin to flipping your card or talking about the color of your hat will result in a modkill. This includes: directly quoting modchats, using or faking screenshots of anything in Cassandra, or having people verify information by giving out the 10th word or letter that they get. This could also include things like, “LJ was late giving out views. Tell me what time she gave them out.” For more information and clarifications on this, please see this post.

Starts When Full: If this is a starts when full game, as soon as the game fills, I will post a message saying that it’s full and giving people warning that I will put it into start mode the next night. The exception to this rule is a game that fills the week that it’s put up. Those will start immediately.

Other: If something comes up that I don’t address in the rules, I will use my best judgment when resolving it. If the Lynch/Night time are different in the OP and Cassy, assume that Cassy is right. If I screw something up, I will retcon or change things to even it out with both sides. If it’s pre-D2, I may re-roll.

Don’t be a dick.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
AnneAa
Borgoto
clydeiii
FGJustice
GaiusJC
mistertrench
monogarden
mowglee
PaperF
Syntax3rror
Tomotz

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1636...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
In!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will it really start when full? I have a complecated game on the 26th and I don't want to play in both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomotz wrote:
Will it really start when full? I have a complecated game on the 26th and I don't want to play in both

Probably.

This requires less time than WW though, at least up front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Gianni
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around...
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
Sureeee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
do level 0's know who the evils are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:

Uninfected Researchers win if they spend their limited Votes (Tests) on revealing roles of all Infected Masters. Otherwise Infected Masters win (or if the time runs out).

How do Infected Researcher win? Do they win with the infected Masters? If so, why would a researcher not open a box directed at him? It won't lower his winning chance it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomotz wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

How do Infected Researcher win? Do they win with the infected Masters? If so, why would a researcher not open a box directed at him? It won't lower his winning chance it seems.
Yes, they win with the Masters.

They could get infected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomotz wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

Depends on who you think is gonna win. getting infected does give more info to the goods at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 2 more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone opposed to just running with 9? 11 was just a hand-wavey guesstimate. The Corrupter will start at level 0 with 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Is anyone opposed to just running with 9? 11 was just a hand-wavey guesstimate. The Corrupter will start at level 0 with 9.
I'm good with either I guess, but I think 11 would be more fun. #yolo

Also I'll be in SF all next week and therefore posting on iPhone and iPad for most of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

Also I'll be in SF all next week and therefore posting on iPhone and iPad for most of the game.

WHERE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I'm fine starting if the others are. 13 was pretty big for an intro game IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either's fine with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll just wait for 11!

One more needed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
mistertrench wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

WHERE?
...SF..?

Downtown?

Flatiron?

South Bay?

NatMo?

I'm just making up places at this point.

I'll be there for JavaOne and shittones of dancing. But ...if you live in the area, I'm totally up for games as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.