GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
Limited internet access these days. Will still check-in to view mail and log games. Just won't be participating as much in forums for the near future.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found out via Facebook that
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
died in a motorcycle accident Sunday afternoon. Going to miss his posts about masks and motorcycles, Holyoke politics and hotdogs.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/09/holyoke_man_4...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
sobluesobluesobluesoblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Turn the figurehead into the wind, lash the crew to the masts, and God be with us.
badge
Fun Fact: Known to sniff glitter-glue out of a Muse's thong.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, fuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
I represent no danger.
mb
Sad to hear this. He was a BGG longtimer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2016: October 28, 29 and 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only met him once. It was at the Unity Games boardgame convention and I had recognized him from pictures. I overcame a little bit of social anxiety and went up to him and told him I really enjoyed his postings. He grabbed me by my jacket and pulled it open to look at my name badge (Unity Games name badges had your BGG avatar pictured on them if you had one). He got one look at mine and brightened with a great smile and said "Oh, it's you!" We spent the next few minutes chatting and I was really looking forward to the next time we met at a convention and maybe we could play a game together. That never happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

soblue

Terrible news. He will be missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This is horrible.

We often messaged each other about various arts and performances.

He will be gravely missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
I might not have always agreed with him, but I appreciated his unyielding capacity for weirdness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foxy McFoxface
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so sad to hear this. RIP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not going to lie--I was not a fan of his. We had our arguments. But I was impressed that he and his masks were featured in a Pixies video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
He rubbed me the wrong way more often than not, but dang. Sad news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
That is awful, awful news. He was a personality, for sure, and took no shit. He shall be missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Always sorry to hear of a gamer going so young. soblue

I'm heading over to The BGG users memorial to post this.

Item for Geeklist "The BGG users memorial"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I really liked some of what he stood for, disagreed strongly with other stuff and liked many of his facebook posts. I admired his ability to listen to other opinions even if he disagreed and he argued well while using fewer fallacies than most. He will be sorely missed.

Edit: to clarify opinions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pronoblem (James) hosted a Sunday board gaming day that's been a staple of my life for almost 11 years. He was a great friend and through him I met plenty of others. He is mourned and missed by a lot of folks.

He enjoyed chaos and confrontation, but he was one of the kindest, most generous people I knew. Our Sunday group, founded and hosted by him, will go on, but it will not be the same without him, nor will his community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
Pronoblem (James) hosted a Sunday board gaming day that's been a staple of my life for almost 11 years. He was a great friend and through him I met plenty of others. He is mourned and missed by a lot of folks.

He enjoyed chaos and confrontation, but he was one of the kindest, most generous people I knew. Our Sunday group, founded and hosted by him, will go on, but it will not be the same without him, nor will his community.
I was lucky enough to be a part of this group for the past five years. I got to game with James almost every week during that time and I will sorely miss him, both as a person and as a game opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Howden
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I believe you have mine...
badge
Bringing you quality product in the face of crushing indifference since 1970.
mbmbmbmbmb

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the suckiest suck that every sucked, believe me. James was an amazing person, who dedicated so much of his time to enriching the lives of others.... his tactics were unconventional to say the least, but he had the biggest heart you could find anywhere, and was one of the smartest people I've ever met. He was a great friend, and a gracious host... over the past 11 years, I probably averaged every other Sunday evening at his house. He's passing is going to leave the biggest void imaginable for a lot of people and for the local political, arts, gaming and music communities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:

I've often been drawn to abrasive, unique individuals. I first became aware of pronoblem through his posts on BGG highlighted by his colorful avatar. I always made it a point to read what he had to say. When I was moving to the Springfield area, one of the things I was most looking forward to was being able to join his long-standing boardgaming group. With people like him, Legomancer, Numskull and Thunkd, I knew it would be my kind of people.

James was extremely friendly and welcoming when we first met and it was not long before I considered him a friend. He was a complex person and I know I was only beginning to see a small fraction of that depth.

I am quite saddened that his life ended so suddenly and that I did not have more time with him. He will be greatly missed indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RIP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
This is really sad to hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started a geeklist here:

Tribute to James (Pronoblem)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattwran
United States
LONGMEADOW
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:

I joined his Sunday group in 2006 after a long hiatus from boardgaming. Anyone and everyone was always welcome to join his group. I made a lot of great friendships through him and will miss him terribly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.