Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought both the MP-40 leader and the Mauser leader but didn't take a lot of time looking at them at the time I received them. Recently I started inventorying the figures and their cards, and it looks like both leaders have card sets for MP-40 based on the hit+ and range characteristics. The MP-40 leader is Pabst, and the Mauser leader is Eisenhower, this based on the dog tag and weapon carried by the miniature rather than from the cards. Just wondered if I may have gotten an early production Mauser leader pack and they have already made up replacement card sets for it? I wrote LBG already and hadn't heard anything. I know they are busy getting the SHOW on the road, so thought I might check here while waiting.

Tom Oxley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Mauser leader has cards that are incorrect, you can contact LBG via the website and ask for replacements. They are really good about misprints and such.

Todd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Mauser Leader say that he is armed with a Mauser? That would be on the card under the name. If it does not have that listing and just has his name, then you did get an early batch of cards.

Originally they only had the name on the card and not the weapon. There were mix ups and Jeff told me that was why they started putting the weapon on the card. When you are packing things it makes it easier to reach into the correct bin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The package says Mauser Leader, the figure base has the name Eisenhower on the dogtag, and I think it said Mauser on the card that the dogtag got punched out from but I don't have it anymore. The figure that came with it is rifle armed, but I don't remember what the card actually says (need to check it again tonight), just that it has the lower ranges and the Hit+ values that match the MP-40 cards found in the MP-40 Leader pack with the name of Pabst. I figured they would have this fixed by now, but just wanted to check here. The pack I bought came from Noble Knight Games and may have been older stock, no way to really know at this point. This taught me to really look through things as I open them. I'm sure LBG will be getting back with me soon to get it sorted out. Their service has been great to now, and I know they are busy with the SHOW stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Schneider
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you have anything wrong. The hit+ does allow automatic weapons to have the extra shoot but still acts like a hit for weapons like the Mauser. I have this on a few of my figures cards also. Since in play the cards are drawn randomly for the hit status I like the thought your auto weapons don't have to rely upon only auto weapon figure cards to get the bonus. If you look at the MP-40 cards you will see that many of it's hits are not the hit+ but just hit. Enjoy the fact you have more chances of hit+ with the figure in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the cards out tonight and they do say MP40 under the name, so they don't fit the figure or the package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'd contact LBG to get some replacements. Their customer service is pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update - The great folks at LBG are going to replace the whole pack. Seems several things have changed in the way the cards were set up since that pack went out and they would rather just replace the whole thing. Since I raised the question, I wanted to make sure everyone knew it was resolved.

Tom Oxley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear that LBG came through for you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.