Popular Tags: [View All]
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to a fortress in a province that is converted by Queen of Sheba?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
lsamadi wrote:

What you've described is an impossible situation. There cannot be a fortress in a region being converted ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:
lsamadi wrote:

What you've described is an impossible situation. There cannot be a fortress in a region being converted ever.

If that is the case then I am misunderstanding how her power works. A clarification would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bolton
United States
California
flag msg tools
After battle is over and you've won (clearing the province of all fortresses and enemy legions), Queen of Sheba allows you to turn in one of your occupying legions to immediately convert the province to your control, rather than having to wait until the beginning of your next turn's move and battle phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only convert a province after first clearing enemy legions and fortresses. Queen of Sheba's power let's you then spend a legion and convert the province in the same turn that you conquered it. Ordinarily, you would conquer a province (defeat all other legions and fortresses), place a legion on top of the control marker, and then on your next movement turn, convert the province (assuming no enemy entered the province in the meantime).

Kinda going off the top of my head, but I think that's right. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get it now. Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
untitledFolder wrote:
convert the province (assuming no enemy entered the province in the meantime).

More accurately, "(assuming no enemy enters the province in the meantime and breaks your conqueror status)". An enemy that enters the province and is then killed in the ensuing Battle does not break your conqueror status (as long as your converting Legion survives). Conversion is broken if your Legion is killed, or if the Battle is inconclusive and the province reverts to 'at war' status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.