Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Carr
United States
Concord
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I'll be heading out to the GMT Weekend in Hanford this time around and I'm looking for someone who can teach me how to play Here I Stand. I've had the game for a while and I have plenty of people interested in learning to play it, but I haven't been able to get the time to read and grok the rules yet.

Ahead of the weekend I will have some time and figured it would be a good chance to have someone more experienced walk me through it. I will be attending with a friend who is also quite interested in learning the game and I hear that 3 player is a good number.

The two of us are long time gamers just getting into wargaming, and we play a lot of 1989, Twilight Struggle, and similar designs.

I'm also interested in joining a game of Churchill if that hits the table.

Thanks in advance, happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carr
United States
Concord
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reading that it seems slightly unclear - I would like to learn the game at the warehouse, although if you're local to SF Bay area, maybe we could meet up beforehand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about Here I Stand, but a friend of mine is trying to fill up a 6-player campaign of Virgin Queen at GMT West this fall, if you'd be interested in that. It's the sequel to HIS, similar in many ways, and a great game.

I played as a noob at the Spring Weekend and had a lot of fun.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1636145/6-player-campaign-g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carr
United States
Concord
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in that game now; seemed like a good alternative. Still interested in a HIS tutorial if people are around, but otherwise I'm good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.