Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » General

Subject: Price rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I am relatively new in the field of boardgaming , so I don't know much about the board game market..So anyway, i read about and saw videos of this game and i must say i was very impressed and wanna buy it...but, the thing is, the only company that brings it in my country sells it for 85 euros,which is quite expensive for me..So, i wanted to ask, do boardgame prices fall and how long after the game has been out does that happen? Maybe this company has big prices for exportation under the U.S?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how it will work in Europe, but in the US they usually don't fall over time unless they flop. However there are sales around the holidays where they usually have good deals on good games.

In the US the online stores generally discount 20-25% so this is $80 msrp in American you can get it for $60-$65 online. However when a big sale hits if it is included it might be $50 or $45. I don't know if there are as good of discounts in Europe though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I saw the price in coolstuffinc.com and it's pretty reasonable...for the majority of games, there is a sufficient discount in the online stores in europe..but almost no company has brought this one yet...in another thread i read that with kickstarter.com, the prices of some boardgames have started to increase...can someone explain in simple economic terms how does that happen? They have to give back a commission to Kickstarter, so they increase the msrp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you want a good gauge of US prices, look at boardgameprices.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
EUR 85 seems a little pricey, but not entirely off. Depends on what the sales tax is in your country, etc.

This game is definitely not the cheapest entry point to the hobby. Quality minis tend to come at a price, and Blood Rage comes with heaps of them.

As someone else said above, boardgame prices don't usually come down much over time unless vendors need to clear inventory. And that usually means the game is not that popular.

This is quite different from the video games market. Probably because of two major differences:

1) Technological development tend to make older video games obsolete compared to newer releases. While there is definitely a progression in boardgame design over time, a quality game remains relevant for decades. Just check the publishing dates for some of the top games here on BGG.

2) The duplication cost per unit is much, much higher than for digital media. So there is just not much room to lower prices. A boardgame that does not sell well anymore will simply go out of print rather than be repackaged in a bargain bin edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedaykin98 wrote:
If you want a good gauge of US prices, look at boardgameprices.com

Really helpful site, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theres a local store where i live that sells blood rage for like $95 cdn which was is like $1 usd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.