Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Naked Twister..." huh huh, heh heh, huh huh, heh heh, huh huh, heh heh

You've all thought about it, you've all laughed about it, but how many of you have really, truly tried it?

I have.

Was yours awesome? Did it live up to the hype? For your sake I hope so, because my tale is not so cheery...

When considering reasons why a game of Naked Twister could conceivably suck, several obvious ones quickly come to mind:

1) your partner is not sexy
2) you or your partner sweats excessively (excessive body hair might also go here depending on personal taste)s-
3) your game gets interrupted by an unexpected guest (MIL, landlord, spouse, whatever)
4) mid-game bathroom breaks

Now, being a practical individual, I addressed all these potential disastors ahead of time. I found a suitably sexy and willing partner, said partner was not a sweat machine, all doors were deadbolted / all windows locked with the blinds drawn, and we both had pregame bathroom trips and showers to ensure total freshness.

So, there we were, about to enjoy the ultimate face-to-face game.

Now ask yourself: what could possibly go wrong? We were all set to have a nice game until someone loses, then proceed on to the next event for the evening...

Yet we had overlooked one minor detail, which ended up bringing the whole naughty plan crashing down around us: at the time we were both varsity athletes, and we were both ultra-competitive.

So?

So there most certainly was going to be some wild monkey dancing once the round of Twister concluded, but in order for that to happen someone had to LOSE - and neither of us was going to be the loser.

Approximately 9,000 spins and 55 ******* ridiculous minutes later, long after muscle cramps and spasms had set in for both participants, we collapsed in a heap and called it a draw.

And you know what? After all that we were too exhausted for s-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Holmes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Eee-va?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one question, what did you use as a spinner?? If you used the regular spinner, how did you spin it once all appendages were being used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Brightman
United Kingdom
Bristol
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The key to twister is aggressive play. You have to control the centre, and if you can develop faster than your opponent, you can end up in a powerful position, where you can put a lot of pressure on them.

It's a lot like chess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My flatmate (male ex-fashion model, always a good way to feel insecure) and I used to play "Greasy Pig" Twister (oh, how I wish I could link that to the Greasy Pig Twister entry in the BGG database) back in 2001. It involved the use of cooking oil, vaseline and not a whole lot of clothes.
If I can find them; I'll upload one of the photos... however, I think I lent them to my girlfriend's flat. The photos never came back and she's no longer my girlfriend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like a classic case of too much buildup. The keys to Naked Twister are of course to:

a) spring it on people all of a sudden
b) play with at least a half-dozen people.

I've had great fun over the years playing twister in all its variants: naked, drunk, high, outdoor, and yes, even greased. Never not had fun.

Scales wonderfully from 2-22.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the Greasy Pig Twister photo... here it is:

edit: that's me down low
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shake
Didn't know you had it in you......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.