3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Art and Graphic Design

Subject: Wasteland Survival ... needs artist. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
eric here
msg tools
Wasteland Survivors: Zombie Apocalypse

In what’s left of the world, in the Wasteland following the zombie apocalypse, the few who have managed to survive the aftermath have run low on supplies, resources, and hope. In desperation, they wander the wastes to search for shelter, safety, closure, family, what they need to continue to survive, and the cure.

The goal of every player is to search for a suitable location to fortify, that will sustain their people through the apocalypse. During the search they’ll have to gather weapons, vehicles, and supplies as well as other Survivors in an effort to build the most successful Fort to aid them in completing their goals. In order to succeed, Survivors must endure wave after wave of undead that’s only thought is to consume the living.

This game is about the stories of Survivors who live or die in the pursuit of sustaining life. Whether they hold up behind fortifications or seek out the source of the zombie infestation to eradicate it is up to you as you guide your people through the wasteland. Explore, build, scavenge and fight… to survive.

Here is what the game currently looks like during one of our sessions. Typical game usually last an hour per person. We all enjoy it and it’s close to its final form. I would say it’s an adventure game in a post-apocalyptic world where your goal is to be the best survival group. You increase the strength of your party by scavenging weapons, equipment and resources.
In its current state I’m using many images that I couldn’t in a final version. I’m looking for an artist or many that can initially solidify a style and later when it’s funded complete the artwork. There will be as many as 100 images. The style I’m looking for is similar to a realistic comic style, although not exaggerated features and not photo realistic either. If you know of anyone or are interested in letting me see your portfolio please email me.
Sincerely,
Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odysseas Stamoglou
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Eric and welcome to BGG.

I see in the photo that there are many different components in your game. You 'll need a graphic designer as well, to design all these card layouts and other graphics.

If I understood well, you are looking to hire an artist to:
- Help you define the visual style, which probably means a period of concept art.
- Possibly complete a number of pieces to serve as guidelines for the rest of the project / and possibly other artists.

Could you give us some more information about the actual components that you need, and what you would like to have done before the funding?

Thanks,
Odysseas
www.odysseus-art.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McHugh
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm a Freelance Graphic Designer and I've got to say:
Whatever you do, don't use the Papyrus typeface on anything!

Are you looking for some help with graphic design as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.