Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Puzzled by the city markers.

Component list says 10 red discs and 8 blue discs

I have 9 red and 7 blue buildings that I assume to be the cities and then
1 red and 1 blue of an even larger building. Can anyone explain this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The larger buildings are for the two capitals, Rome and Carthage. They're functionally identical to the disks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About 8 posts below yours:

Rulebook - Components list discrepancy

(not meant to be snarky, sorry!)

Here's the image:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hesitant about buying HitS when I saw these comments about component quality. But I feared I might later change my mind then find HitS was OOP. So I bought a KS version from my UK FOGS. This is just to say that the board is gorgeous, the components are fine and the card artwork is wonderful. This is the first time I've bothered to sleeve a game's cards, which makes them look even more fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitsto wrote:
I was hesitant about buying HitS when I saw these comments about component quality. But I feared I might later change my mind then find HitS was OOP. So I bought a KS version from my UK FOGS. This is just to say that the board is gorgeous, the components are fine and the card artwork is wonderful. This is the first time I've bothered to sleeve a game's cards, which makes them look even more fantastic.

Chris, thank you so much for spending the time to post your comment. We have worked long and hard to make both Hands in the Sea and Forged in Steel a great game both in the gameplay and the visual aspect. I know it is impossible to please everyone's specific tastes in art and components but I hope we achieved a balance. As a company, we reach out and collect feedback for not only the gameplay experience but also the artwork and components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
talking about feedback on the components: I personally think the art is great, it looks very nice, the wooden components are a nice addition and look good.
but ... the way the board folds and the resulting lines make me fear this board may not be as resilient as most other more standard produce mounted boards. (gmt, ...) I'm guessing the company who created the boards wasn't much into boardgames before maybe?

In the end it doesn't matter much, I'm very careful with my games (and maybe a bit overprotective even ) and the game itself is very good. Looking forward to more plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
talking about feedback on the components: I personally think the art is great, it looks very nice, the wooden components are a nice addition and look good.
but ... the way the board folds and the resulting lines make me fear this board may not be as resilient as most other more standard produce mounted boards. (gmt, ...) I'm guessing the company who created the boards wasn't much into boardgames before maybe?

In the end it doesn't matter much, I'm very careful with my games (and maybe a bit overprotective even ) and the game itself is very good. Looking forward to more plays.

Actually, the manufacturer produces millions of board games each year. They handle a majority of the Monopoly clones, Doctor Who Monopoly, etc. The dirty secret is that this company handles a majority of all wood, metal, and plastic game tokens (simple plastic pawns, etc.) for all Chinese manufacturers. They also do plastic vacuum trays for companies like Queen and metal tins like Forbidden Island. The company has been around for 20+ years making games, but I think the issue was that they rarely, or have never, created a six-fold game board. They could have also just seen my small 1,500 count order as something that was a quick pass through.

It is hard to tell where things went wrong, but I will definitely correct the issue in the future if we reprint the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
Actually, the manufacturer produces millions of board games each year. They handle a majority of the Monopoly clones, Doctor Who Monopoly, etc. The dirty secret is that this company handles a majority of all wood, metal, and plastic game tokens (simple plastic pawns, etc.) for all Chinese manufacturers. They also do plastic vacuum trays for companies like Queen and metal tins like Forbidden Island. The company has been around for 20+ years making games, but I think the issue was that they rarely, or have never, created a six-fold game board. They could have also just seen my small 1,500 count order as something that was a quick pass through.

It is hard to tell where things went wrong, but I will definitely correct the issue in the future if we reprint the game.

Thanks for clarifying, Don. Just look at the other 6-folds like academy games' 1812: The Invasion of Canada or many (but certainly not all) of gmt's (Churchill, Fire in the Lake, ...)
But you already know what I mean.

looking forward to your new releases in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.