Subject: Torpedos and Islands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikey Donnelly
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So...can torpedoes move through islands? Can they turn around an island? I am having trouble finding rules on this either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
techiemikey wrote:
So...can torpedoes move through islands?

Thematically it makes no sense that they'd be able to do that, so no, you can't do that. If your ship can't go through an island, neither can you.

techiemikey wrote:
Can they turn around an island?

Torpedoes can move up to 4 spaces orthogonally. You can steer it any which way you want. There's no reason you can't steer it around an island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe anything can go through islands. That would mean that you can't go through an island with a torpedo.

The rules do not say the torpedoes have to go in a straight line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Torpedoes cannot move through (seems rational not sure where to find it in the rules), can move around (the torpedoes are not moving in a single Orthogonal way, the First mate sheet should give an example if my memory serves)

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah just Torpedoes, not Ballistic Missiles. Though there's probably scope for a fan variant there somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.