Popular Tags: [View All]
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
The minis are pretty cheap. Replayability out-of-the-box is fairly limited. The game is quite pricey.

But...

Dang, this is a fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrii Chabykin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
Olvenskol wrote:
The minis are pretty cheap. Replayability out-of-the-box is fairly limited. The game is quite pricey.

But...

Dang, this is a fun game.

laugh Yeah, and no one admits that's because of an app.
An app for the game?! Oh, no! zombie zombie zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah.

The app is what got me wondering to play the first edition again. At least other players could see the puzzle instead of one player grabbing the tablet, punching something a few times, then handing it back solved.

Just saying, that aspect became worse, and it was already bad when the other players could see but not participate in the puzzles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
Bah.

The app is what got me wondering to play the first edition again. At least other players could see the puzzle instead of one player grabbing the tablet, punching something a few times, then handing it back solved.

Just saying, that aspect became worse, and it was already bad when the other players could see but not participate in the puzzles!

We haven't had any of those issues with the puzzles... unless you're using a tiny phone screen, a tablet screen takes up just as much table space as the cardboard puzzle pieces from 1st ed. Either lay down the tablet where everyone can see or invest in one of those flip out stands for the iPad to stand it up in a viewable corner of the table. We've done both and haven't had a single problem; everyone is able to see and contribute.

And while I loved loved loved the cardboard puzzles the Keeper could build in 1st Ed, it was much cooler in theory than it actually was in practice. A solid idea, but in practice it was cumbersome and a pain to set up.

I think the framework for future puzzles using the app is much grander too; there are so many things they can do for future expansions with the app that physical components just wouldn't allow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
mbmb
For the record, we have a touchscreen pc at our table and everyone loves the game.instant win for new gamerd and old!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really glad to hear it, Olvenskol !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Cinnibar wrote:
Bah.

We played with my iPad flat on the table so everyone could see it. Whoa! Problem solved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The PC version of the app looks great on my Samsung Galaxy TabPro Win10 tablet (12" touch screen). I can either lay the tablet flat in the centre of the table, or stand it up at one end (which I will do when playing solo).

Still waiting for my copy to arrive. I have my miniatures and tiles from 1e standing ready to be repurposed into 2e. I'm so glad I actually finished painting them all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burning Monkey wrote:
Cinnibar wrote:
Bah.

We played with my iPad flat on the table so everyone could see it. Whoa! Problem solved!

Exactly. We play with it connected to the big screen tv.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jasonbaz77 wrote:
Burning Monkey wrote:
Cinnibar wrote:
Bah.

I plan to either use a tablet and/or put on a tv as well.

I was already using an app for Arkham Horror encounters and other world (since the constant shuffling was a pain) so I'm used to using an app.

We just pass that back and forth since it's usually just 2 of us, but I wouldn't mind even doing that on a big screen too. It sped up games quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonbaz77 wrote:

I've been trying to figure out if that was possible. Could you explain how you do this so I can try myself? Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Head_Rat wrote:
jasonbaz77 wrote:

I've been trying to figure out if that was possible. Could you explain how you do this so I can try myself? Cheers!

Depending on the age of your tablet, you can use the Cast option to make it appear on your smart TV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.