Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Narayana Stewart
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it says temporarily out of stock.
I guess if it turns out to be eternally out of stock (due to the FFG/GW breakup) you won't lose anything, so there's no loss in buying one, as you don't get charged till it ships.

But after doing a quick survey this appears to be the cheapest price by quite a bit.... right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Fury-Dracula-Third-Board-Game/dp/B013...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
Go_Petunias wrote:
I guess if it turns out to be eternally out of stock (due to the FFG/GW breakup) you won't lose anything, so there's no loss in buying one, as you don't get charged till it ships.

But after doing a quick survey this appears to be the cheapest price by quite a bit.... right now.

Amazon is doing this across the board with multiple games that are in between print runs. I think it's Amazon's way of capturing sales and stopping 3rd party sellers with higher prices. They did it with Agricola All Creatures Big and Small and Grand Austria Hotel. They didn't have special access to copies of those games, they just put in their placeholders.

Given what's happened with FFG I think it's definitely wishful thinking that you'll get a copy. But hey, like you said, maybe they'll get some copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
Given what's happened with FFG I think it's definitely wishful thinking that you'll get a copy.
I missed the memo. What is going on at FFG that's preventing them from reprinting Fury of Dracula?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greg piotrowski

Doylestown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
I believe Fantasy Flight's license for the Warhammer property is expiring. While Dracula isn't Warhammer, it's included in the license... or something like that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Spreckels
United States
Hayward
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-pa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
travvller wrote:
Given what's happened with FFG I think it's definitely wishful thinking that you'll get a copy.
I missed the memo. What is going on at FFG that's preventing them from reprinting Fury of Dracula?

Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop Conclude Their Business Relationship

List of affected things:
• Black Crusade
• Blood Bowl: Team Manager
• Chaos in the Old World
• Chaos Marauders
• Dark Heresy
• Dark Heresy Second Edition
• Deathwatch
• Forbidden Stars
• Fury of Dracula
• Only War
• Relic
• Rogue Trader
• Space Hulk: Death Angel
• Talisman
• Warhammer: Diskwars
• Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
• Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game
• Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game
• Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
• All Fantasy Flight Supply products showing imagery licensed to Games Workshop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Miller
United States
Hoover
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
travvller wrote:

Long story short...Fury of Dracula isn't a FFG property. It belongs to Games Workshop and that relationship is over.

Pretty soon, MSRP will be a hot deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greg piotrowski

Doylestown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
I grabbed it from Barnes & Noble today at MSRP, and was happy to do so. It's probably the ONLY thing I will ever buy from them at MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah,

I ordered a copy a week prior to the FFG/GW split and the "will ship by date" kept moving later and later. Online chat couldn't confirm they had it in stock. I cancelled as I snagged two copies in town on sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
Thanks all. I heard about the Warhammer split, but I didn't realize that Fury of Dracula was part of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waited to long... had it in my card then it jump back to $45.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI has 20+ copies in stock...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Elliott
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
CSI has 20+ copies in stock...

at $50.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, now I'm really glad I used that $40 Google Express voucher from Groupon on FoD last month. Ended up costing me $27 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

Amazon is doing this across the board with multiple games that are in between print runs. I think it's Amazon's way of capturing sales and stopping 3rd party sellers with higher prices. They did it with Agricola All Creatures Big and Small and Grand Austria Hotel. They didn't have special access to copies of those games, they just put in their placeholders.

Given what's happened with FFG I think it's definitely wishful thinking that you'll get a copy. But hey, like you said, maybe they'll get some copies.

Ick. I was hoping they'd get more from a distributor like CSI is presumably doing. If this is a standard way of them saying "we'll never get it" then I may be out of luck. I guess I'll wait a few more days....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered this a few days ago, also "Temporarily out of stock." Just got a delivery estimate from Amazon that they expect it to arrive on Monday the 19th, so they evidently believe they have access to copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Istanbul
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gversace wrote:
I ordered this a few days ago, also "Temporarily out of stock." Just got a delivery estimate from Amazon that they expect it to arrive on Monday the 19th, so they evidently believe they have access to copies.

Amazon will get their allotment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Istanbul
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure if this allowed, so please correct and I'll remove, but a shout out to a local FLGS in Middleton, WI that has several copies recently on their shelves. I snagged one this afternoon, and five remained. Great timing, because when I was reading the rules of v2 this weekend, I realized why I never taught it to others - the combat is a bit clunky, like old-school clunky. It made me look to v3, and then the mad rush began.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
travvller wrote:

Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop Conclude Their Business Relationship

List of affected things:
• Talisman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zanz Reyes
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad I picked this up with that 40% off coupon B&N had recently. Whew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Phillips
msg tools
It's at $45 through Amazon now but backordered. Other sellers are over $60. I couldn't resist. Hopefully they can get their hands on some new stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nelson
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back down to $41.03, still OOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange that the price keeps going up and down when they don't even have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tesoriero
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ugh... Do I cancel and reorder to save 4 dollars and risk lowering my queue position for any possible stock they actually get?

I think I stick with 45.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nelson
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to contact Amazon and get a price match if it dropped within like a week of your order. Just contact customer support, they have always been good for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.