Draconis Invasion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Question about the 2 players variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Lavoie
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I wonder why we cannot use the Casualty of War in a 2 players game ? My first game was a 2 players game and we both ended up with huge decks, leading to too much randomness to our taste. We didn't have the transformation action either.

Anyone with thoughts on the two players game ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christelle sam
Canada
flag msg tools
I suspect because it creates a very easy strategy to ending the game fast with having only Imperial Guards. It was too strong of a strategy to compete with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could allow each player to purchase no more than 1 Casualty of War and see how that goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
csam wrote:
I suspect because it creates a very easy strategy to ending the game fast with having only Imperial Guards. It was too strong of a strategy to compete with.

Why would it be more true in a two player game???

Either the Imperial Guards strategy is broken and it's broken no matter what number of players or it's not and the two player variant is a pure joke...
Either way, something's very wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Jeffrey Lai
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Isaiah 53:5
badge
I'm not a real person. Just a cartoon character.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Casualty of War, through playtesting, is especially strong in 1-on-1, when less players can fight for weak Invaders. We find that in 3 players, the "rush" strategy is not as dominant because multiple players can attack the weaker Invaders. In 2 player games, this is less true
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marijke D.
Belgium
Willebroek
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played the game yesterday with two players and we had the same problem. Our decks were huge and most of the time there was nothing we could do as our hands always had max 50 gold and almost never a good combination of gold and defenders. We ended with 10 - 4 points, which seems to be a ludricous score. The game was random and slow and it was impossible to build a good engine. As halfway I had defeated 2 of the easiest invaders and my opponenent only 1, I was constantly getting more terror cards from the events, which did not help either. It's also laughable being punished because you're like 1 point ahead...

This game definitely needs fixing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.