Legendary: Deadpool» Forums » General

Subject: What's really in the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll be posting links to previews for the upcoming Legendary: Deadpool expansion here. Check back often.

New Team and Half Points - http://bit.ly/2cEfJBM

Excessive Violence - http://bit.ly/2d22FJn

Revenge - http://bit.ly/2dweQO5

More cards - http://bit.ly/2dqrFqy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
??? ???
msg tools
I get some great unglued vibes from this set... I LOVe IT! I hope the rest of the cards are wonkier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
This set looks like a lot of FUN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my half points don't count? what happens to odd attack villains or masterminds cut in half? 9/// equals 4.5/// ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
my half points don't count? what happens to odd attack villains or masterminds cut in half? 9/// equals 4.5/// ?

That would work. I think the point of the article was that if you half a 1/2 point left, you can't do anything with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercs for Money! I'm really hoping for Slapstick with a "Giant Hammer" card.

For people who aren't into the jokes, Solo's card doesn't break the 4th wall like Deadpool does, so I'd guess that the other characters will be a bit more "serious" for those who want that.

Personally, I like the jokes and think they serve the character well. The original base set Deadpool was pretty good, but this eagerly takes it a step further, with the meta jokes going to flavor text and outside of the game.

And by the way Mark, I noticed that some members of the VS community got to do previews for the Aliens set. Feel free to pick a good one for me. (Doesn't even have to be Hydra Bob. Unless he's playable.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Baldwin
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
No doubt the flavor on this one is going to be fairly different from the more concrete mechanics we're used to, which may give some a bad taste, but on the flip side of that coin I would expect no less from Deadpool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
Mercs for Money! I'm really hoping for Slapstick with a "Giant Hammer" card.

For people who aren't into the jokes, Solo's card doesn't break the 4th wall like Deadpool does, so I'd guess that the other characters will be a bit more "serious" for those who want that.

Personally, I like the jokes and think they serve the character well. The original base set Deadpool was pretty good, but this eagerly takes it a step further, with the meta jokes going to flavor text and outside of the game.

And by the way Mark, I noticed that some members of the VS community got to do previews for the Aliens set. Feel free to pick a good one for me. (Doesn't even have to be Hydra Bob. Unless he's playable.)

I REALLY REALLY want Slapstick as a playable character. My custom of him is fun to play as, but I expect Upper Deck could do a lot better than me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's better than I would have ever imagined. Awesome, awesome stuff. Cannot wait to see what else is in store for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting - they've gone back to having 2 characters with the same name. No more Jean Grey and TT Jean Grey. Deadpool, Deadpool, spot the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Interesting - they've gone back to having 2 characters with the same name. No more Jean Grey and TT Jean Grey. Deadpool, Deadpool, spot the difference.

They did that already with Daredevil and Civil War.

It's not like they named the hero "Daredevil - Danny Rand" or anything.

It's just "Daredevil."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:

Multiple personalities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell B
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
They also didn't rename Wolverine either. The distinction came by team affiliation. We have Wolverine (X-men) and Wolverine (X-Force). Also in the Civil War box, it is Daredevil (Avengers) compared to Daredevil (MK). Jean Grey and TT Jean Grey are both X-Men affiliated. So, I guess it will be Deadpool (Unaffiliated) and Deadpool (Mercs for Money, or maybe M4$).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I said that they've gone back to having 2 characters with the same name (in reference to Wolverine) . Forgot about Daredevil! And good point about factoring in the team affiliations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Am I the only one who can't stop hearing Obituary when thinking about the "Cut in Half" card?

It's not "Chopped," but close enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not too familiar with the Mercs for $ - but new group and new heroes always welcome!

Can't wait for more previews;

Is it just me, or does the "Cut the Mastermind's attack in half" (even for just one fight) seems too OP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ducko wrote:
Not too familiar with the Mercs for $ - but new group and new heroes always welcome!

Can't wait for more previews;

Is it just me, or does the "Cut the Mastermind's attack in half" (even for just one fight) seems too OP?

So it's obviously a rare. In a game where a mastermind has 12 attack, this one effectively gives you 8.5 if you trigger the special ability. That's less than plenty of other rares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, how about Forge's rare? Or Namor's? Or Punisher's? Or Bullseye's insane rare*?

* in low-player count games, that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A card that gets an attack bonus for having played other cards with flavor-text.

I'm pretty sure I predicted that somewhere, but maybe it was only in my head, as I can't find it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't me, it was Jemjar:

Quote:
Thinking about it, it would be really nice if the Deadpool expansion specifically had effects that trigger off cards with flavour text.

This was my prediction:

Quote:
If the flavour text describes someone getting hit in the face, punch the mastermind player in the face...

You know you'll be disappointed if they don't include that now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked this thread often and there seems to be no new preview! Am I doing something wrong? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
I checked this thread often and there seems to be no new preview! Am I doing something wrong? surprise

Is there supposed to be a preview today? I thought it was going to be a once a week thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:

Is there supposed to be a preview today? I thought it was going to be a once a week thing.

I'm guessing it was a simple play on what Mark posted in the OP. "Check back often."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryon Hake
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be money tokens in this set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bryon wrote:
Will there be money tokens in this set?

Besides the shards from the GotG set; we don't have any components. Does the community want more components? I personally like components

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.