3 Posts

Arcadia» Forums » Rules

Subject: What is the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Quach
msg tools
mbmbmb
The rule book makes it sound like the game is played for 1 Year and then the whole game is reset then played 3 more times. The final round is the only scoring that matters.

Whats the point of 4 rounds if only round four is scored.
or is the game played and only the three rows are reset but you keep everything you have built?

What is the scoring of this game?

Play a year and score it and keep all your stuff and reset the three rows in the middle of the table and play 3 more times keeping score 2 more times and after the 4th time score all the cards over the 4 rounds and then add in the Review cards?

Rule book makes the game sound like only play one year. Game over. Play 4 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Dudley
United States
Westbrook
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You build your amusement park over the course of four years. At the end of each year you calculate your income for that year based on your current attractions. You then reset the workers and attraction tableau of cards. Each subsequent year your amusement park will grow by adding attractions and therefore earn a greater income, as previous years' attractions will continue to contribute to the overall income of the park (no maintenance costs are built into the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Martinelli
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you Glen. I just got the game and was a bit confused by the intermediate scoring (never played a game like that before). I first thought that I'd wipe my board and start all over. The directions really lacked and should have been shown examples. So after each year add all victory points from all cards in your park. At the end of four add each year's victory points, score critics and then total it all up. It looks something like this:

Year 1 + year 2 + year 3 + year 4 + critic bonus = final score.

I've also seen some reviewers say skip the yearly scoring and just do a final victory point tally with critics and that's the final score. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19vHm9syWKY APE games noted that you tally up victory and critics at the end and that's your score. So I guess either follow the rule book or just do final victory and critics. Both seem like viable options I'm going to try both ways and see which is more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.