Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discard this spell and draw another rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you guys playing that you mix in the just cast version of the spell before redrawing?
In other words, is it possible to redraw the same copy of the spell.

Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is how you should play it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Are you guys playing that you mix in the just cast version of the spell before redrawing?
In other words, is it possible to redraw the same copy of the spell.

Thanks


The way I do it is to keep the discarded spells separate from the spell draw pile. Once the draw pile is exhausted, I shuffle all the discarded spells together and create a new draw pile.

Disregard as this is the Rules forum and I was stating opinion. My apologies.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
The way I do it is to keep the discarded spells separate from the spell draw pile. Once the draw pile is exhausted, I shuffle all the discarded spells together and create a new draw pile.

Just for the records, as this is in the Rules forum, this approach is against the rules.
The reasoning is you should never know which version of the spell you get.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RRG pg 17
Fifth bullet point under "Spells"

When you discard a spell you return it to its deck. So it is definitely possible to redraw the exact same spell card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
RRG pg 17
Fifth bullet point under "Spells"

When you discard a spell you return it to its deck. So it is definitely possible to redraw the exact same spell card.


This is correct. We've found it easiest to just hand the player using the spell the entire deck. Then whenever prompted, they just flip and resolve the top card of the deck. After that, the player just needs to shuffle the stack, the top card becoming their new spell.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.