Para 9.6.3 identifies four powers that can use naval movement in the basic rules;
The 5-player rules (which appears to replace para 9.6.3 of the basic rules) identifies two powers that can use naval movement;
- Carthaginians (and their allies)
Q1: Can the Romans and Etruscans still use naval movement in the 5-player game?
Q2: If so, which bullets of para 9.6.3 basic rules are relevant during a 5-player game and which are not?
Q3: Can the Carthaginians still conduct naval movement when allied with Rome and using a Roman 3 value card (bullet 1)?
- Last edited Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:20 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:54 pm
KEEP America Great!
The Five Player rules amend, not replace, any rules section in which they appear. Use 9.6.3 except if playing with five, and then only when SPECIFICALLY overidden by the Five Player rukes.
2) They all apply, but some conditions (e.g. playing NPA to activate Carthage) are not possible with five players.
3) No, because that part of the bullet references section 18, and 18 refers to a card (Carthage Signs Treaty) not in play.