Subject: Supply? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
The RAW states that a location can be traced through unoccupied areas. So to confirm, if as Carthage, I have the supply point of Lilybaeum, Heraclea, and Agrigentum; and lose Heraclea in battle with Roman control of the Sicily Sea zone, I can still trace through Heraclea to supply Agrigentum from Lilybaeum?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I suppose this would be true unless the Romans settled Heraclea, after the battle!

Edit, Edit: So would it be true to state:

Supply: Must control location and be able to trace to a supply point (Not through enemy controlled territory), or through a non-enemy controlled sea zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Nuaro, Enna and Hippana cannot be supplied by sea, because they are not coastal?

So, Nuaro can only be supplied if you control another connected location in Corseca/Sardinia; and that sea zone is non-enemy controlled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can trace through any location, and any sea zone, that isn't enemy controlled.

Locations like Enna and Nuaro could thus trace to a neutral or friendly coastal location, and from there to a friendly supply point either on land or across any sea zones that aren't enemy controlled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm - you can combine land and sea routes for tracing supply? Of course, that is only interesting for the land-locked locations, but still...

Oh no, wait, that could be interesting regarding the strait of Messana. Disregarding that Rome would be in a lot more trouble, anyways, let's construct this situation:

Rome controls Catana, Messena, Rhegium and Velia, but has lost control over Neapoli, which is now occupied by Carthage. Other than that, let's assume the situation is the same as at the start of the game (only Neapoli is in the hands of the opponent.
Over land, the supply line to Rome is cut at Neapoli, meaning that nothing below Neapoli can gain supply from Rome. If the Carthaginian Fleet were to be in the Italian Sea Zone, ALL of these locations would be out of supply, as supply via Sea Zones would be completely blocked.
But what if the Carthaginian Fleet were to be in the Sicilian Sea Zone? Over sea, there would be no supply possible to Catana and Messena. However, supply via sea zones would be possible for ALL of Italy. Meaning that Rhegium would be in supply!

Now, in this (highly unlikely) situation - would it be possible to trace supply to Catana in this way:
- Supply via sea zone to Rhegium
- Supply via strait from Rhegium to Messana
- Supply via land from Messana to Catana
??

As I said, this is an unlikely scenario, but based on the answer other situatons could become clearer, and I am just not experienced at all in this game, so had to construct a situation that met the criteria, however unlikely...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like that is the case. Don't have my map, so hard to answer specifics. I will say that I am super-glad you are deep diving rules with me on this Dumon!

I think the way Daniel stated it should cover all cases. The impetus for this thread was to clarify Supply rules, in a very concise way, for a rules summary I was working on.

Can't wait to actually get this to the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:

Now, in this (highly unlikely) situation - would it be possible to trace supply to Catana in this way:
- Supply via sea zone to Rhegium
- Supply via strait from Rhegium to Messana
- Supply via land from Messana to Catana
??

Absolutely yes. Each Sea Zone is adjacent to every coastal location in it's region. So if Italy Sea Zone is not enemy controlled, you can trace from Rome to Italy Sea Zone to ANY location in Italy. Then on to Sicily, crossing the straits and stretching supply only as far as Tyndaris and Catana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.