$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
... to avoid a fight between the Biden wing and the Sanders wing, when Clinton drops out.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-health...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I gotta say, man, is that if Hillary gets replaced with Biden, you will be award Prognosticator of the Year.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
And when it doesn't happen what award does he get?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
jmilum wrote:
And when it doesn't happen what award does he get?


He already knows.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
And when it doesn't happen what award does he get?


You mean what REWARD do we get.

That reward is 8 years of entertaining wharblegarble.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernie's too much of a loose cannon and Joe's a toe-the-line sort of guy. I don't see there being a problem or question.

Besides, Sanders went back to being an Independent, so they can use that as a technicality to refuse him the nom.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Drew1365 wrote:
All I gotta say, man, is that if Hillary gets replaced with Biden, you will be award Prognosticator of the Year.



If it wasn't in the works, Servergate would have been over a year ago.

They just kept tricking Servergate stuff out to keep it in the news.

It may not happen, but only the most partisan can deny powerful dems were keeping the indictment card in their hip pocket. Sanders put a wrinkle in their plans by not dropping out and ultimately doing so well even after it was clear he should drop out gracefully.

I think Sanders knew the fix was in and he might get another chance after the convention if he stuck it out.

Another possible scenario: behind the scenes powerful dems give Congressional Repubs enough Servergate ammo to bring her down without doing it themselves.

Repubs play along because they know Biden can't lose. They don't want Trump and trust Biden not to rock the boat.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
If it wasn't in the works
Quote:
It may not happen
Quote:
Another possible scenario

I suppose if you throw enough crap out there, you're bound to hit something eventually
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
If it wasn't in the works
Quote:
It may not happen
Quote:
Another possible scenario

I suppose if you throw enough crap out there, you're bound to hit something eventually


Could be.

My comments were intended to make thoughtful people think.

You were not my intended audience.
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

Another possible scenario: behind the scenes powerful dems give Congressional Repubs enough Servergate ammo to bring her down without doing it themselves.


I thought Hillary was the all powerful, uber-lib who could do anything, get away with everything and no one could touch her because of her all powerfulness.





1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, deep delusion definitely falls into the psych profile for the Trumptards.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
darthhugo wrote:
Well, deep delusion definitely falls into the psych profile for the Trumptards.



Politico is pro Trump?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Well, deep delusion definitely falls into the psych profile for the Trumptards.



Politico is pro Trump?


Politico is the McCalls of Politics. Entertaining every few issues, a good recipe once a year, but definitely not worth taking seriously.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait for the Rapture. Can I have your car?

I for one would be excited to have Tim Kaine as president http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/03/us/politics/tim-kaine-hond...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict that the Democrats will pick Trump, he will be crowned, declare himself emperor for life and there goes your so called democracy.

His first act will be an executive order being a single payer as a replacement for the ACA.

His second will be a not amnesty for illegal workers rather a "stay of deportation" for the who have jobs, or will get tthem.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
If it wasn't in the works, Servergate would have been over a year ago.

They just kept tricking Servergate stuff out to keep it in the news.

It may not happen, but only the most partisan can deny powerful dems were keeping the indictment card in their hip pocket. Sanders put a wrinkle in their plans by not dropping out and ultimately doing so well even after it was clear he should drop out gracefully.

I think Sanders knew the fix was in and he might get another chance after the convention if he stuck it out.

Another possible scenario: behind the scenes powerful dems give Congressional Repubs enough Servergate ammo to bring her down without doing it themselves.

Repubs play along because they know Biden can't lose. They don't want Trump and trust Biden not to rock the boat.


Interesting, interesting theory. The Sanders run did demonstrate that the Democratic voters aren't as enamored with Hillary as everyone first thought (of course, everyone first thought Trump's campaign was a joke -- it is, but enough GOP voters bought into it) and the way the DNC handled the primaries made it worse.

The only issue with your scenarios above that I have involves Trump himself. I don't think the GOP establishment is that worried about him -- they seem to be rightfully more worried about what his candidacy will do to Congressional races. If the GOP can stay in control of at least one house of Congress, they can block Trump just as much as they blocked Obama, and might even be able to bully him into basically turning the government over to Congress.

Still the most fascinating election of my lifetime.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
I ask again, as I ask frequently about this myth.

How have the republican blocked Obama? What did he want that he didn't get?

I'll give you a couple nominations, and the arrogant bigot pulled zika funding out of his ass the last time I asked, as if that's been an issue for months. He'll get his funding.

They've given him everything he's wanted.

Gizmo? Obama had both houses his first term and never tried to close it. He doesn't want it closed. That's a sensible position. But he also wants it to be an issue. Closing Gitmo is not an acceptable answer. He never wanted it closed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
The Congress of the Unites States is REQUIRED to submit an annual budget for the chief executive's approval every fiscal year, but that hasn't been done for years. The budget deal to avoid the shutdown fell through because the caucuses wouldn't go along with the deal worked out between the chief executive and the legislature, thus giving us automatic cuts to every department.

That's pretty damn major in my books.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
See?

He got everything he asked for. There was no obstructionism.

The lack of budget is an issue that Pelosi/Ried pioneered. You are right, it is wrong, but Obama is complicit in this screwing of Americans. The Peresident is required to submit a budget by a certain date, which Obama has not done. Congress simply cannot pass a budget by April when the pres doesn't submit a budget until after April.

That is a fucking establishment scam with both sides agreeing to give the other cover while they fuck us.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
The president is required to submit a budget by a certain date. But I've been watching politics for more than 40 years. Can't remember more than once or twice that a president's budget actually made it out of a single committee. Congress can and does regularly ignore the chief executive's budget proposal and comes up with its own.

But I'm not blaming this on a particular political party. I'm blaming this on Congress. Regardless of who is in control, they're supposed to be doing the people's business, not playing power games. If I wanted to live under a system like that, I'd move to Iran.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I shouldn't play this game again as you'll just move the goalposts, or make up some insane exception, but oh well...

Koldfoot wrote:
They've given him everything he's wanted.

Immigration reform? Nope
Gun control? Nope.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and one more: authorization to use military force against ISIS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
That is a fucking establishment scam with both sides agreeing to give the other cover while they fuck us.

On this Brian, I agree 100%.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
jmilum wrote:
I shouldn't play this game again as you'll just move the goalposts, or make up some insane exception, but oh well...

Koldfoot wrote:
They've given him everything he's wanted.

Immigration reform? Nope
Gun control? Nope.


He doesn't have the open borders he wants? They need to be more open?

How does that work?

He wants open borders, he has open borders.

Gun control was an Obama issue? A half hearted issue to score political points, perhaps? When was this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
remorseless1 wrote:
The president is required to submit a budget by a certain date. But I've been watching politics for more than 40 years. Can't remember more than once or twice that a president's budget actually made it out of a single committee. Congress can and does regularly ignore the chief executive's budget proposal and comes up with its own.

But I'm not blaming this on a particular political party. I'm blaming this on Congress. Regardless of who is in control, they're supposed to be doing the people's business, not playing power games. If I wanted to live under a system like that, I'd move to Iran.


All of which justifies your anger, none of which answers the question.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.