GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,060 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure» Forums » General

Subject: how is this with two players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how is this with two players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it a couple of times with 2p and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Erickson
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
publisher
Covert Spy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really comes down to a game of chicken. With two players, Clank! feels more like two drag cars roaring towards each other at enormous speeds until one car chickens out and swerves off. The timing of when one player decides to run for the exit is far more critical in a two player game and therefore, even more intense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lett
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played it for the first time last night and it worked very well with 2 players. She almost died in the depths, which would have been an insta-win for me. I think that would be less likely in a 3-4 player game. You definitely have to keep a close eye on what the other player is doing at 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Greene
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any more thoughts from other people? Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince R.
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have 3 plays under our belts...all have been tense, close, and fun! It is an interesting dynamic between what the other player is doing, how long to stay in the depths collecting stuff, how much damage the dragon is doing, and getting either out of the dungeon or just above depth.

Our 3 games:

1)Both made it out of the dungeon and collected 20 point bonuses. I made it out first, but it gave my wife a couple of extra turns to collect things. Score 79-66, she won because of those extra two turns.

2)I made it out with a couple of artifacts, but the dragon was doing lots of damage and my wife was stuck looking for a boot one step before getting out of the depths, she didn't make it. We counted anyways...it was 89-86, with me on top. Had she gotten boots that turn she would have made it out and had a chance to get some cards with VP. Tense!!!

3)Last night I got knocked out above depths before my wife made it out. She made it out just before the dragon would be pulling 6 cubes (she had 3 or 4 health left). She got that 20 point bonus, but I won 116-106 because of some gold generating cards that I got early and a couple of good cards, and luck with pulling a major secret 7 point chalice right before the turn I died on. Again, close and tense!

I find it A LOT of fun with two players. We haven't even tried the reverse board yet (Red Sky)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince R.
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, we are still discovering cards we had not seen yet. The dungeon deck is big with lots of diversity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.