Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PBF #237: Variant Rules & Misc
Standby

1. Any volunteers?

Variant Rules

1) In this game, we will start at round #3 #2.

2) Eugene will be the head mod, and will have no access to the cards other than his own role card. Kait will be the assistant mod, and will be in charge of the cards. Send all votes and mission cards to her. Regarding conventional rule #9, when you share your thoughts via private message, then only share your thoughts with her. I am not allowed to have access to them unless you share them with me after the game.

3) Seating order was randomized first by Eugene with random.org.

4) Mission team members for M1 & M2 were randomized second by Eugene with random.org.

5) Role cards will be randomized by Kait with random.org.

6) No votes will be made for M1 and M2. Rebels should just assume that they picked a dirty M1 by mistake, and that they picked the M1 off-mission players to see if M1 was a double spy team.

7) If you feel that the mod is doing something wrong, then bring it up in the thread for discussion, please. Please feel free to make suggestions.

Variant Roles & Private Messages

Plain Old Rebel
"You are a plain old rebel."

Plain Old Spy
"You are a plain old spy. Mr. Hyde is your teammate."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conventional PBF Rules
PBF Rules:

[other than the links and numbers, this copy of the rules have been unchanged since the end of #232]

1) Official mission proposals should be in bold contain the mission number and proposal number. For example PBF237: M1.1 Moogle: Chocobo, Natalie. After proposals have been made in bold, they cannot be changed.

2a) All votes and mission cards should be sent to me via GM. Send your vote in the subject line. For example "PBF237 m1.1 YES".

2b) You may vote before a proposal, but you must state that you are doing so to the community, using bold texted. For example, "I already know how I'm voting for the next proposal, so I'm voting now, before his proposal.". You can claim to vote a certain way, but you must not reveal your vote.

2c) You may change a submitted card any number of times (i.e.: YES/NO, PASS/FAIL) but as soon as I receive the card from the last player, no more changes are allowed, even if I'm not there to post the results yet. To change your vote, just submit another private message like before, but submit it with "***change***" or some similar text at the end of your subject line. If you made changes after all the cards were in, I'll tell you which submitted card was the final one.

2d) Also, will all players ensure that this following bolded text is immediately posted after the proposal to ensure a faster game?

Voting links: YES/NO

Be sure to edit the mission number in both links.

2c) Also, if I [i.e.: the moderator] forget to post mission card links, then will all players ensure that this following bolded text is immediately posted after the vote result to ensure a faster game?

Mission Card Links: SUCCEED/FAIL

Be sure to edit the mission number in all links.

2d) Per standard PBF etiquette, the fifth proposal/hammer will automatically be sent.

3) There is a non-strict time limit of 24 hrs on every official game action. If you are going to take much longer than that, please post in the thread in advance. Weekends are usually not included.

4) No game-related discussion is allowed outside the thread until the game is completed. This includes GMs between players and posts in other threads. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask! No question is to n00bish!

5) Do not edit posts, except in the first minute or so to fix typos. Deleting is an extreme form of editing which is also forbidden. If you do edit, please type why you are editing. Example: Edit - For spelling mistakes.

6) You may not use the Geekroller in this thread for any decisions.

7) Please subscribe to the thread and check in at least daily (exceptions for weekends).

8) Feel free to message me anytime. It makes the game fun for me seeing what your thoughts are as you figure things out.

9) Remember everyone is here to have fun! Bullying, and other unsportsmanship like conduct is frowned upon. You will be given a warning then asked to leave if behavior becomes out of hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
There is scarcely any passion without struggle
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF #237: 5p Common Knowledge Test #1
:o I have a dichotomy with Eugene already. I swear he's a spy!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw the names come up the way that they did, my heart was broken. I blame Ms. Spy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
There is scarcely any passion without struggle
mbmbmbmbmb
eugenetswong wrote:
When I saw the names come up the way that they did, my heart was broken. I blame Ms. Spy!

WHAT? I would never! Eugene, confess your spy sins!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I confess that I chose the wrong mission team partner. I should have listened to everybody else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roles will go out as soon as we get a replacement for a very very old rat fink who has dropped out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hold on. Who?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting in... So I guess I have a 1/3 chance of being spy. What' the best move here? Bring someone from both M1 and M2. Then try to bring the other correct M2 rebel? This is very weird. Eugene what were your thoughts in this variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Harrington
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, it's me. As much as I'd like to try it, I can't do it anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best M3 strategy for the rebels depends on the mission team that you are on. The M1 rebel will have to try to find a M2 rebel. He has a 2/3 chance at success. The M2 rebels must pick any single player. No matter whom each M2 rebel picks, he has a 2/4 chance at success.

For RebelRob, in particular, if you propose a 2p M3 team, then choosing 1 player from M1 or 1 player from M2 has the same odds.

###

Rob, would rather have the players go through M2, proposing the same team, so that we could at least get a vibe of each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulhar wrote:
Sorry guys, it's me. As much as I'd like to try it, I can't do it anymore.

That's too bad. No worries. No pressure, though No "sorries" necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the rebels have to win all 3 missions? Seems like having them win two would be more realistic. So best 2 out of 3 instead of 3/5 as normal? But you don't mention it so I assume not. Plus that might be too hard for spies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We could do that, but 2/3 is effectively 3/3 missions, because they would just resend the same team.

###

Aiming for a game win is the ultimate goal, but we could break it down, and measure it by some other standard. If we award personal points that carry over, to the other games, then it might be more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. I added you.

###

Okay, everybody. I thought that it would be wise to start at M3, but people have commented about the need for voting. How would you feel about starting at M2.1, but requiring everybody to propose the same team until it goes? It's just a matter of who gets the next round hammer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should I send roles yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm undecided, because I think that it might be interesting for each of us to know our own roles, to help influence how we interpret the discussion.

###

Actually, yes. Since this is new, it kind of doesn't matter what we do, and it's ultimately for fun and learning, too. I'll make an executive decision, and we can change it next game. For this game, send out the roles, and we can discuss whether or not we want to start at M2.1 or M3.1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Random.org has given me two spies and roles will be going out. One spy in M1 and one in M2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roles have gone out.

Sarah, please choose a mission of two people for M3.1 (unless you vote to send M2 and determine the M3 hammer.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I don't get a vote, but if I did, I would vote to go through the M2 motions and determine the M3 hammer by something other than luck. I am saying this knowing NOTHING about the seating order except that Sarah is first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
I know I don't get a vote, but if I did, I would vote to go through the M2 motions and determine the M3 hammer by something other than luck. I am saying this knowing NOTHING about the seating order except that Sarah is first.
I think we should just start with M3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody have a problem with the following: As soon as you see 3 votes for something, Sarah can propose based on that something being the way we are playing?

EDIT to add: M3 - 1 vote; M2 - 0 votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm good with this voting method.

M2 for me. It's actually an important part of it, in my opinion, now that I think about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.