BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Trying to find a timeline game - please help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik L
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I played this but I can't remember where.

The game had a darker blue box.

The older version (which I prefer) had 4 categories (Sports, Inventions, Music and History, I think).

Players picked a card with an event and date and that was their base card. The first player rolled a die, if it was one color (white I think) you picked your category, if rolled black, the person reading the card picked the category. If you were able to correctly place it in chronological order with your base card, you could continue one, two or zero more times. If you were incorrect with any, you lost all the cards for that turn.

Each player got a strip of cardboard to place their winning cards behind. I've searched a number of ways and can't find this game on the internet. Does anyone know the name of this game? Thanks so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Was it Perspective?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik L
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I looked for card games instead of board games got some hits on the internet and I'm positive it is called Chronology. Now the hard part will be finding the edition I want. Reviews on Amazon say the older version was better, the categories were broader. Alas, it is out of print and Amazon has many listings, but almost no description. If you have any idea where to buy used games, that would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it Timeline Challenge?

Pete (thinks it sounds like it but that might be too obvious)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Jaroslaw99 wrote:
I looked for card games instead of board games got some hits on the internet and I'm positive it is called Chronology. Now the hard part will be finding the edition I want. Reviews on Amazon say the older version was better, the categories were broader. Alas, it is out of print and Amazon has many listings, but almost no description. If you have any idea where to buy used games, that would be appreciated.

There are several people selling different editions of the game on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik L
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hi Pete - thanks for the suggestion, it is not timeline challenge. There is no hand involved. I'm almost positive it is Chronology but it seems there are several versions, and I don't know how to get the one I want. Thank you for any further suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik L
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks Ken, will give that a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.