Popular Tags: [View All]
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys.

So a friend visited me on Saturday and we played two games of BoB. We chose a scenario 4-maps large, the one when the German is trying to take Carentan back. Great game, time flew by, I absolutely cheered when the Shermans arrived.

My question is, how long do you usually play these medium-sized scenarios? As I said, time flew by, and we were surprised on how long it took: around 3.5 hours.

PS. We're using rules 2.1 with the revised counters from TA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I taught BoB last night to a long-time wargamer. Then, after rules review, we played a mid-sized scenario from Screaming Eagles (number 7, From Corporal To Sergeant) with my opponent taking the Americans. From start to finish we were three hours. However, my games usually play faster when you know the system well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Medium-sized scenarios I've typically clocked in at 2-3 hours, depending on the familiarity of the other player and how... "deliberate" they are about making decisions.

They can take longer, for sure, especially if one or both players are less experienced or if it's a scenario with higher counter density.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, it seems to be inline. Both of us are actually novice wargamers. We've both played, but we had a long break between games. We also had a couple rules look up (mortars, artillery,tanks & SATW), and in exception of SATW, they're pretty quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.