$20.00
Connor Holland
msg tools
***ALL UPDATES AND ADDITIONS WILL BE ADDED TO TITLE, I WILL KEEP EVERYTHING ON THIS ONE POST, AS I DISLIKE USING MULTIPLE POSTS FOR THE SAME EXPANSION***

So I just wanted to get this out this whilst still working on it, but I love the X-men universe and I wanted to make my own x-men, and give some characters the team affiliation that don't currently have it (as well as make them better.) But everyone on this list has been, or is currently a member of the x-men (sidekicks will largely be members of the new-mutants, but have the X-men Team affiliation, to replace Avengers special sidekicks and to trigger abilities for other X-men heroes).

(Currently working on: Professor X, Nightcrawler, Angel, Shadowcat, and Jean Grey. But will go onto many more when these lot are done.

New Mechanics:
-Stunning a villain: Heroes in this set may ''stun'' a villain in the city. This means that the villain loses its fight effect this turn, and next turn, instead of being pushed by other villains, it remains where it is in the city, and if a villain enters it's city space, then they team-up (see team up below). This can benefit players by stopping too many villains escaping, and some heroes will gain benefits from fighting a team of villains aswell as effects which affect particular city spaces, affects all villains in that space.
-Villains in this set will have the ability to ''Team-up''. This occurs when a villain with the Ambush ability Team-up enters the city, or when a villain moves into the space another villain that is stunned. When in the same city space, they move together as normal (being pushed by others as long as they are not stunned), and to fight them, you must provide the combined attack of all villains in that city space (you may not fight the villains separately). All fight effects and escape effects are triggered as normal, the players whos turn it is or the one who defeated the villain decides which occur first.

Heroes (MANY many more to come):

Magento:

Jubilee:

Storm: (largely unchanged due to the fact I love her base set cards)

Cyclops (an upgraded version of base set cyclops) :

Iceman:

Polaris:

Professor X ( notes: I know the art on the uncommon ''foes'' half is a bit short and can be seen that it doesnt go all the way down, but Im looking for a better image for it, and I also loved dark city's rare Prof X, so kept him the same):

Mastermind: (coming soon)

Villain Grioups: (More coming soon)

Brotherhood of Mutants:

Special Sidekicks: (many more to come)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D C
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: X-men X-pansion: Mostly New, some reworked, some just better art. (Largely unfinished, many more to be added).
Nice cards dude!

PS: You can see that the art for your first common for Magneto doesn`t go all the way down. Also, you`re second sidekick his still saying Card Name.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Re: X-men X-pansion: Mostly New, some reworked, some just better art. (Largely unfinished, many more to be added).
Thanks for the heads up on the sidekick! And as for art, unfortunately I coulnd't find better art, so Im gonna have to stick with it for the now :/

Thanks for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you used LegEdit, try zooming the image under Edit. Even just a little like adding .05 or .1 to the current size it has. (Ex: if you haven't zoomed any yet, it should be 1. So try 1.05 and then 1.1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Yeah I used legedit, guess I could go on and fix that bit of art for magneto, will fix it for later, thanks though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Darkwolf2843 wrote:
Yeah I used legedit, guess I could go on and fix that bit of art for magneto, will fix it for later, thanks though

Just happy to help a fellow LegEditor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, just an FYI, there's a toggle switch to add the background gradient to the Hero name (like what they added to the official cards after FF). Without it, it can get hard at times to read the card name even on actual cards (especially on Instinct class cards).

Templates -> Edit Hero Template -> Edit -> Name Highlight Type -> Banner

Hope it helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
swirlsaepi wrote:
Also, just an FYI, there's a toggle switch to add the background gradient to the Hero name (like what they added to the official cards after FF). Without it, it can get hard at times to read the card name even on actual cards (especially on Instinct class cards).

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the tip! All future cards will be fixed, probably wont fix these ones though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:

Hope it helps!

Wow...I didn't realize that was there haha. Thanks!!!
Any other tips? haha. Particularly font. I bump up the Card and Hero name to 50 and 43 respectively (a +10 to the default) and the Ability text starts at 35 for me, tweaking down as needed to fit more text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
redlion64 wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

Hope it helps!

Wow...I didn't realize that was there haha. Thanks!!!
Any other tips? haha. Particularly font. I bump up the Card and Hero name to 50 and 43 respectively (a +10 to the default) and the Ability text starts at 35 for me, tweaking down as needed to fit more text.

Main tip on this one is that the view you see is actually shrunk down and can be hard the read/become blurry. The exported ones come out at 300dpi so try checking the export before changing text size. It's set as it is because those are the font sizes I like for my cards. Think you can tweak them in the template edit section though. Been so long since I looked at that block of code I can't remember though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Like the idea of team up but why only when stunned? Seems forced and only comes into effect using this set of heroes. Why not just team up does not push and teams up with villain in first slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
fostorial wrote:
Like the idea of team up but why only when stunned? Seems forced and only comes into effect using this set of heroes. Why not just team up does not push and teams up with villain in first slot.

As stated in the Team up part, some villains in this set will have ambush abilities that force them to team up, as well as beneficial effects to teaming up, such as Charge X amount of spaces etc. Sorry if that wasn't apparent, and I hope to make some villains for it soon, but University is just starting back and Im gonna have a lot of work, so it'll be slow, but this expansion will continue to be increased
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Re: X-men X-pansion: Mostly New, some reworked, some just better art. (Largely unfinished, many more to be added). ***LATEST UPDATE = Cyclops, and iceman heroes, and Brotherhood of Mutants villain group added***
Added 2 new heroes, and first villain group that utilises the Team-up mechanic to their own benefir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D C
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: X-men X-pansion: Mostly New, some reworked, some just better art. (Largely unfinished, many more to be added). ***LATEST UPDATE = Cyclops, and iceman heroes, and Brotherhood of Mutants villain group added***
Spotted these real quick: Cyclops's Uncommon still says Card Name. Iceman's first common's art is missing just a bit of scaling up, there's some white on the left side (between the background image and the range's blue color). There's a small white border on Avalanche's card also, but on the right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Bloodwurm wrote:
Spotted these real quick: Cyclops's Uncommon still says Card Name. Iceman's first common's art is missing just a bit of scaling up, there's some white on the left side (between the background image and the range's blue color). There's a small white border on Avalanche's card also, but on the right.

All fixed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping an eye on the work here. Looks awesome!

Will add them all into the Database once you put "COMPLETE" in the title of the thread.

Otherwise I'll just confuse myself as to who has been added and who hasn't as you add new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Re: X-men X-pansion: Mostly New, some reworked, some just better art. (Largely unfinished, many more to be added). ***LATEST UPDATE = Polaris playable hero and Hope Summers Sidekick added***
Polaris hero, and Hop sidekick added. Prof X is finished, but his uncommon is a divided card, so just working on sorting out joining the 2 uncommons I've made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Re: X-men X-pansion: Mostly New, some reworked, some just better art. (Largely unfinished, many more to be added). ***LATEST UPDATE = Polaris playable hero and Hope Summers Sidekick added***
The few cards I've looked at (Magneto Hero and Jubilee. I have very little time at the Library right now) are stunning. That alone makes them praiseworthy. They also struck me as pretty thematic, too.

One very minor nitpick--it's always means "it is", while the possessive form of it is "its". This defeats many professional writers, so don't sweat your mistake.

Oh, and your last post has a spelling boo-boo, too, as you were referring to Hope Summers, not Hop Summers.

Edit: I've checked out all the Hero cards now. You've done solid work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Re: X-men X-pansion: Mostly New, some reworked, some just better art. (Largely unfinished, many more to be added). ***LATEST UPDATE = Professor X playable hero added***
Tsallak wrote:
The few cards I've looked at (Magneto Hero and Jubilee. I have very little time at the Library right now) are stunning. That alone makes them praiseworthy. They also struck me as pretty thematic, too.

One very minor nitpick--it's always means "it is", while the possessive form of it is "its". This defeats many professional writers, so don't sweat your mistake.

Oh, and your last post has a spelling boo-boo, too, as you were referring to Hope Summers, not Hop Summers.

Edit: I've checked out all the Hero cards now. You've done solid work.

Thank you for the feedback

Professor X playable hero added, will get round to making more once my university schedule sorts itself out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Re: X-men X-pansion: Mostly New, some reworked, some just better art. (Largely unfinished, many more to be added). ***LATEST UPDATE = Professor X playable hero added***
Take your time. I still can't buy the Civil War set. I'll probably have two sets to buy when/if my rebate money comes in.

Are you a student or teacher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Tsallak wrote:
Take your time. I still can't buy the Civil War set. I'll probably have two sets to buy when/if my rebate money comes in.

Are you a student or teacher?

Student

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Sadly don't think I'll be making any more for a good while, due to university work, so I think it's finished for now, may at some point return to add more heroes and villains etc. thanks for all the feedback!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database

thumbsup

Please note any changes made after 11/8/16 so I can add them to the DB as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
That's OK, Connor. I loved your work and school and work should take priority over games.

I have buckets of free time and get to play this game quite a bit, but take my word for it that having no friends or money absolutely sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.