Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dagger Query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Les Seabolt
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Just got the game and having fun so far. We have three fairly experienced gamers but thinking we may be missing something with dagger rule.

If someone is armed with two daggers does each add to the dagger in he other hand? so a total of 4 attacks?

Someone with a weapon (Short sword for example) in their right hand, a shield in their left and a dagger int he body slot still gets the additional +1 to the short sword?

If it is a character with the body slot would each dagger add plus two to every dagger (left hand 1 +1 from left 1 from body slot, right 1 from left hand dagger one from body slot) for a total of 6?

I tried searching the forums for Dagger but could not see this question addressed specifically. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three daggers was played as six dice in my most recent game.

The book specifically calls out two daggers as being four dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Daggers is four dice.

Three Daggers is also four dice.

The reason why is that the rules specifically say you can only consider two of your equipped items to be in hand at the same time. Cards have no effects when they are not in hand, so the third Dagger will not count, as you can only count two of them at once.

The Dagger+Sword+Shield example is fine. The Shield isn't going to help your attack at all, so you consider your Hands to be holding the Short Sword and Dagger. You would be rolling 2 dice in this situation, 1 from the Sword and 1 from the Daggers ability.

One example I like to give to show everything is a character equipped with a Hammer and 2 Daggers (one in the Body Slot). In this example, each time you attack, you can choose from either of the following combinations:
• Two Daggers, giving you 4 dice with 1 damage each.
• A Dagger and a Hammer, giving you 2 dice with 2 damage each.

Edit: The rule about two hands is on page 32:

Quote:
THREE HANDS?
Putting the proper Equipment card in his Body space,
a Survivor could effectively be considered as having
three cards equipped in Hand. For obvious reasons, he
can only use two of them at any given time. Choose
any combination of two among these three before
resolving Actions or rolls involving the Survivor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
praetorian13 wrote:
Just got the game and having fun so far. We have three fairly experienced gamers but thinking we may be missing something with dagger rule.

If someone is armed with two daggers does each add to the dagger in he other hand? so a total of 4 attacks?

Someone with a weapon (Short sword for example) in their right hand, a shield in their left and a dagger int he body slot still gets the additional +1 to the short sword?

If it is a character with the body slot would each dagger add plus two to every dagger (left hand 1 +1 from left 1 from body slot, right 1 from left hand dagger one from body slot) for a total of 6?

I tried searching the forums for Dagger but could not see this question addressed specifically. Thanks!

p32 of the rules (example 2) explains how dual daggers work - you get 4 dice in your attack.

On the same page (info box titled "Three hands?") the rules specify that while the body slot means you can effectively have three weapons in play, you can never use more than two of them at a time, so if you have a sword and two daggers, the sword only gets the bonus from one dagger, not both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Seabolt
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I think the quoted three hands thing only created opposing views for us, that the dagger int he body slot CAN be used if one hand has a shield vs having two weapons armed and the dagger in the body slot. I will print these out and throw them at the guys next session!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
praetorian13 wrote:
I think the quoted three hands thing only created opposing views for us, that the dagger int he body slot CAN be used if one hand has a shield vs having two weapons armed and the dagger in the body slot.

That actually sounds correct, as you can use the Dagger in the Body Slot to power up a weapon in a Hand Slot with a Shield in the other Hand Slot, but you cannot use all three weapons at once if you replace the Shield with a weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Effectively, the weapon in the body slot is just a place to store a third weapon that you can equip without having to spend an action to do so out of your backpack.

You simply name the two hands worth of weapons you are using, choosing from the three you have available, when carrying one in the body slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.