GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,959 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Sultan's Library» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Issues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Woll
United States
Warsaw
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my game and read the rules.
several issues:
1. Which number is explore cost and which is travel cost?
in another thread the designer said that the bigger number is explore. But there was ambiguity in the phrasing. (bigger as in higher or bigger as in larger font?)
2. If the circle is the explore cost then how do you travel to Sultan's Libray? if the triangle is the explore cost then how do you even start the game and explore in Sultan's Library? The Sultan's library only has a circle and no triangle so either you can't travel there or you can't explore there. Which means the game is already broken. I can't even play the game!
3. I understand how to pay the explore cost - discard cards with explore points. Why in the $%^& is there no explanation on how to pay travel costs???? Does this option not exist in this version? Is travelling to another location no longer valid? seems awfully hard to get back and deposit a book in the Library then...HOW DO I TRAVEL?!

(sorry for the rant if these answers are in the rules, but if they aren't then shame on the designers for such a shoddy product)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yurii Furtat
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Explore cost is the circled number - the one printed to the left and a bit lower than the "triangular" travel cost.
2. For Sultan's Library Travel Cost equals Explore Cost - 3. So you start in the Library as the rules say - and then start exploring it, discovering new locations. When you draw a location card when exploring, you are moved to this new location (don't forget to read location "special ability" text). Locations remains on the table as long as any player's token is on it (or some ability keeps it in-game). When the location becomes empty, it's discarded.
3. Yes, it's not mentioned explicitely, but you pay Travel cost with the same Explore points as the Explore cost. Travel cost is just 2 point higher for each location except for the Library.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.