Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Trying mission 6 and found a bunch of Shermans reporting for duty.

They can move as far as they want as long as they do not enter a slow or no go card. If they move thru a PC, does the PC get triggered or only if they occupy the PC card in the "evaluate PC phase"?

If the PC is evaluated, do new enemy units without anti tank weapons place a VOF/PDF? Even if there is no infantry target for the combat phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Calxx55 wrote:
Trying mission 6 and found a bunch of Shermans reporting for duty.

They can move as far as they want as long as they do not enter a slow or no go card. If they move thru a PC, does the PC get triggered or only if they occupy the PC card in the "evaluate PC phase"?
Hi,
from 2.1 rulebook, at the end of paragraph 9.1.5:
"You can move vehicles through Terrain Cards without resolving their PC Markers. Resolve contact only on the card where the vehicle ends movement."

Calxx55 wrote:
If the PC is evaluated, do new enemy units without anti tank weapons place a VOF/PDF? Even if there is no infantry target for the combat phase?
Yes, vehicles are attacked by VOFs whether they are moving INTO a card with a VOF, moving OUT of a card with a VOF, or staying put in a card with a VOF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juno is spot on again!

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juno29 wrote:

Calxx55 wrote:
Yes, vehicles are attacked by VOFs whether they are moving INTO a card with a VOF, moving OUT of a card with a VOF, or staying put in a card with a VOF.

This reads a bit different to the question to me, since each answer condition is only qualified as having pre-existing VOF. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ncree wrote:
Am I missing something?
I'll try to be a little more clear

Calxx55 wrote:
If the PC is evaluated, do new enemy units without anti tank weapons place a VOF/PDF?
Yes, as per 9.2.4 of v2.1 rulebook, enemy units will always target the unit that triggered their placement (with the exception of vietnam)
Calxx55 wrote:
Even if there is no infantry target for the combat phase?
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
(with the exception of vietnam)

Also true for Peleliu in Vol II :-).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.