Popular Tags: [View All]
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time tonight and my oppenent doubled my score in both games. He's a smart gamer, but so am I. I don't think that I made huge tactical mistakes. It seemed like he just got more lucky whaling in the first couple turns and I had no way to catch up.

Does this game have a luck-driven run-away leader problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so.

One of the things i do first 2 turn is make ready 1 ship each turn. so once i get food i can sail faster. I want to be whaling by no later then turn 5 and i never want both ships sail at the same time on the sail track. Meaning i will not put them sailing on the same turns.

I've played a about 10 games and they where all very close VP wise.
because even if they get lucky pulling large VP whales they can't buy them all most likely.

Bank and other money making towns buildings are always in the game for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
I don't think so.

One of the things i do first 2 turn is make ready 1 ship each turn. so once i get food i can sail faster. I want to be whaling by no later then turn 5 and i never want both ships sail at the same time on the sail track. Meaning i will not put them sailing on the same turns.

I've played a about 10 games and they where all very close VP wise.
because even if they get lucky pulling large VP whales they can't buy them all most likely.

Bank and other money making towns buildings are always in the game for me.

Pretty sure that you're taking about New Bedford - not Nantucket...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.