3 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: High Yield Photon Torpedoes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
Would you consider secondary weapon cards such as High Yield Photon Torpedoes to qualify for text like the Valiant:

"When attacking with Photon Torpedoes during the Roll Attack Dice step, you may discard the Photon Torpedoes Upgrade to gain 1 additional attack die."

I know there are a lot of cards that qualify under things like "torpedoes" or similar, I was just wondering how specific to read Photon Torpedoes vs High Yield Torpedoes.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a similar discussion on the Fellowship of the Rules Facebook group. We came to the decision that High Yield Photon Torpedoes are still Photon Torpedoes, so they work for anything that states Photon Torpedo or Photon Torpedoes. The same logic would apply if we got a card that was titled Type 9 Photon Torpedoes, or Kill all the Romulans and Picard too Photon Torpedoes.

To use a geometry analogy, all squares (High Yield Photon Torpedoes) are rectangles (Photon Torpedoes) but not all rectangles are squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
This was my thinking as well. Thanks for the second opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.