Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
about to start game 2

can someone explain exactly how reassign and dictate work? You take the dictate worker into the cup and move the worker you had already placed on the strip? or...

I had a card that let me re assign 2 workers. how does this work?

If a card asks you to lose a dice and gain 2 can you lose it from the citizenry?

thanks all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbalcody wrote:
about to start game 2

can someone explain exactly how reassign and dictate work? You take the dictate worker into the cup and move the worker you had already placed on the strip? or...

I had a card that let me re assign 2 workers. how does this work?

If a card asks you to lose a dice and gain 2 can you lose it from the citizenry?

thanks all

To dictate, place one die you rolled next to your strip. Now you may move another die you rolled below any column of the strip (not on the black spot) without changing its face, and treat it as that column's symbol when it comes to resolution of that phase.

During the cleanup, you put the dictate die back in your cup. My group usually does this as soon as the dice are revealed for ease. Do keep the die out by the strip until the dice are revealed, to show proof that you paid for dictate.

This is the same as reassign, you can move a die for each reassignment under any column while keeping the die's face. It is treated as the column's symbol during phase resolution. Usually with reassign, you are limited to what columns and/or dice you can move around. Note that this never applies to the die you place on the strip on one of the black spaces, those dice are indeed treated as their column's symbol but are not considered reassigned...that is a free reassign effect each turn.

For losing dice, unless explicit on the card, lose from anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Good answers. A few fine points:

Cinnibar wrote:
To dictate, place one die you rolled next to your strip.

The die used for Dictate goes to the right of the phase strip, where the --> arrow points. The die being dictated is shifted to a different column. See the example diagrams on page 3 of the rules.

Quote:
Now you may move another die you rolled below any column of the strip (not on the black spot) without changing its face, and treat it as that column's symbol when it comes to resolution of that phase. Do keep the die out by the strip until the dice are revealed, to show proof that you paid for dictate.

All correct.

Quote:
During the cleanup, you put the dictate die back in your cup. My group usually does this as soon as the dice are revealed for ease.

Actually, by the rules (see Reveal, page 4), this is done immediately after lifting screens, not during the Manage Empire (cleanup) step at the end of the round. So, your group's convention is the actual game rule.

Quote:
This is the same as reassign, you can move a die for each reassignment under any column while keeping the die's face.

Except that no die is placed in the Dictate area. That's the advantage of Reassign powers; you get to shift dice around as indicated without having to delay a die until the next round.

Quote:
It is treated as the column's symbol during phase resolution. Usually with reassign, you are limited to what columns and/or dice you can move around. Note that this never applies to the die you place on the strip on one of the black spaces, those dice are indeed treated as their column's symbol but are not considered reassigned...that is [effectively] a free reassign effect each turn.

For losing dice, unless explicit on the card, lose from anywhere.

All correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.