Automobile» Forums » Rules

Subject: Help on Automobile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damiano Quattrone
Italy
flag msg tools
we found some trouble with the rules.
I need help to go on. At the start of the game every player receive a demand tile in order to use on fase 7.
The tiles are different, 3 colors like the 3 types of cars.
1)Does the tile color influence the demand?
2)How the people choose where to put their stile on the demand slots? (I mean the highest value or the lower in the same sagment, the brown ones)
3)How the tile color and slot color influence themeselves? I don’t think it’s a coincidence the tile color, isn’t it?
4)If there isn’t request for economic cars in turn one(the demand tiles are only on the brown slots), I can’t sell them, isn’t it?
5)What’s the function of the reduction price tile(the grey token) taken in fase 6?
6)May I sell cars even in a car space wit a closed firm?
In the fase of car selling through the dealers, do I remove the cars from the car space to sell them? I don’t think so, but I need a clarification.

tks a lot for your help.

damiano

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damianoquattrone wrote:
The tiles are different, 3 colors like the 3 types of cars.

It is only for quick recognition! No connection with colors of cars!
damianoquattrone wrote:
2)How the people choose where to put their stile on the demand slots? (I mean the highest value or the lower in the same sagment, the brown ones)

There is a small table on board which gives you information where you should put higher tile, and where lower one. As I remember, last round (4th) needs one extra tile (only one) for exclusive cars.

damianoquattrone wrote:
4)If there isn’t request for economic cars in turn one(the demand tiles are only on the brown slots), I can’t sell them, isn’t it?

No, there are no demand for such cars. You can sell them only via Howard special ability

damianoquattrone wrote:
5)What’s the function of the reduction price tile(the grey token) taken in fase 6?

You can sell 2 cars, but for lower price. It's usually better than stay with junk...

damianoquattrone wrote:
6)May I sell cars even in a car space wit a closed firm?

Yes of course. You closed production. But parking is full of stuff to sell.

damianoquattrone wrote:
In the fase of car selling through the dealers, do I remove the cars from the car space to sell them? I don’t think so, but I need a clarification.

As far as I understand your question, yes - you remove a car tile each time you sell any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WRSZS wrote:

damianoquattrone wrote:

There is a small table on board which gives you information where you should put higher tile, and where lower one. As I remember, last round (4th) needs one extra tile (only one) for exclusive cars.

Right. First round, you draw one tile: all tiles go to the midrange cars.
Second round, you draw two tiles: the higher goes to midrange, the lower to economy.
Third round, that reverses: the higher goes to economy and the lower to midrange.
Fourth round is like the third round, but you draw two extra tiles: one for luxury, and one to add to economy.

WRSZS wrote:

damianoquattrone wrote:

No, there are no demand for such cars. You can sell them only via Howard special ability

You're right that there is no market demand, but as well as Howard's ability you can also sell them through dealerships. (You will be able to sell at most three cars in this way, but it can sometimes be a useful thing to set up to get a foothold in that market.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:

Fourth round is like the third round, but you draw two extra tiles: one for luxury, and one to add to economy.

Minor clarification, your sentence states "you draw two extra tiles:", but I like to say that the GAME draws 2 more tiles, the players don't get to draw 2 more tiles each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
WRSZS wrote:

damianoquattrone wrote:

You're right that there is no market demand, but as well as Howard's ability you can also sell them through dealerships. (You will be able to sell at most three cars in this way, but it can sometimes be a useful thing to set up to get a foothold in that market.)

Thanks for correction.
I played Automobile too long ago :( so all rules from my memory (not print).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damiano Quattrone
Italy
flag msg tools
Pt 2 you wrote

This is what I understood, what it is still missing is, there are 2 brown slot, whats the rule because I set one or two tile on 100$ instead of 150$?the players respect a turn order to place the tile in the brown slot?

Again,
About point 5) the reduction tile allows me to sell 2 additional cars every time I can sell cars by demand?

Tks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damiano Quattrone
Italy
flag msg tools
Probably I don't understand something but,
1) I can sell through howard(2 cars or 3?)
2) I can sell through the dealers (no cars are affected by this phase, I consider the dealers as cars and the ones I can't use return in my reserve)
3) through the demand, the people in turn order(?) unveil their token and place accordingly to the bigger space? What kind of advantage I have to select the lower price for the e.g. Brown slots?
During the selling the most advanced company sell for first and the other players/ factory accordingly.
When the demand offer a lower price in a slot?

This part is not clear for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damianoquattrone wrote:
Pt 2 you wrote

This is what I understood, what it is still missing is, there are 2 brown slot, whats the rule because I set one or two tile on 100$ instead of 150$?the players respect a turn order to place the tile in the brown slot?

At the start of the market demand phase, all players reveal all their number tiles. Turn order doesn't matter here, you just show them all. The price slots don't matter either, just the model type. Then you add them up.

Here's an example:

It's round two in a four-player game.
Alice has a 3 and a 4.
Bob has a 4 and a 5.
Carol has a 2 and a 3.
David has a 3 and a 5.

It's round two, so the high tiles go to midrange, and the low tiles go to economy.

Economy cars get Alice's 3, Bob's 4, Carol's 2, and David's 3. 12 economy cars will sell to the market this round.

Midrange cars get Alice's 4, Bob's 5, Carol's 3, and David's 5. 17 midrange cars will sell to the market this round.

damianoquattrone wrote:
Again,
About point 5) the reduction tile allows me to sell 2 additional cars every time I can sell cars by demand?

The first person to take a discount gets the two-marker discount, the second and third people get the one-marker discount. Each of them puts the marker (or markers) on one model space. You sell cars from the model spaces on the board, going from farthest-forward to farthest-back. Each time you sell from a model space, you sell one car, plus one extra for each marker on it: this includes the white advertising markers as well as the gray discount markers. So if a space has no markers at all, it sells one; if it has one advertising marker, it sells two; if it has one discount marker it sells two; if it has the double-discount marker it sells three.

When you sell from a space, if the space does not have a discount marker, the car (or cars) goes onto the full-price area, and its owner receives the higher price for it. If the space does have a discount marker, then all cars sold go to the lower-price area.

As you sell cars, you count how many have sold, and when you reach the total on the number tiles, you stop. If you reach the farthest-back model space and haven't yet met that number, then you start again from the farthest-forward space and keep going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damianoquattrone wrote:

1) I can sell through howard(2 cars or 3?)

Howard sells 2 cars. Remove them from the board and put them on the sale area. For midrange and economy, use the higher price.

damianoquattrone wrote:
2) I can sell through the dealers (no cars are affected by this phase, I consider the dealers as cars and the ones I can't use return in my reserve)

Wrong. You move both dealers and cars. On your turn, you put one of your dealers into a dealer space, AND you take one of your cars and put it into the sale area. (As with Howard, use the higher price.) When all of the dealer spaces are full, any dealer tiles that have not moved into a dealer space leave the board, back into the owner's reserve, and their owner gets a loss cube.

damianoquattrone wrote:

3) through the demand, the people in turn order(?) unveil their token and place accordingly to the bigger space?

No. See my post just above.

damianoquattrone wrote:
What kind of advantage I have to select the lower price for the e.g. Brown slots?

This question is based on a wrong idea.

damianoquattrone wrote:
During the selling the most advanced company sell for first and the other players/ factory accordingly.
When the demand offer a lower price in a slot?

As I noted above, you sell for the lower price when you have a discount marker on that model. (If you have more than one model of that type, only the cars from that one space sell for the discount.) The advantage is that you get to sell more cars at a time, so you will be able to sell more of your cars, and since the total demand is a fixed number, that probably means that other people get to sell fewer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.