Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple timing questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
1. When exactly is a Flipped ability applied? Right when flipped and before being placed in front of a runner or after facing a runner?
Ex: To start the game, the very first obstacle I flipped over was the Ork Bounty Hunter who causes nonorks facing black obstacles to discard 2 cards. He himself is a black obstacle and my street samurai is not an ork. Is he already facing me and causing me to discard 2?

2. What order are obstacles considered defeated in? Simultaneously or my choice?
Ex: There is a hard obstacle (expansion?) for each other obstacle defeated before her she is worth +1 nuyen. If I defeat her and another obstacle in the same turn, does she get the +1 bonus payout?

3. When is the card played via Pair Programming returned to the discard? After the combat or right after play?
Ex: R1 plays Coordinated Attack on R2.
R2 plays Pair Programming on R1's discard to use a Remington.
R1 plays Guiding Spirit to discard and force a reshuffle before drawing. Is the Remington shuffled in too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The obstacle is facing you when the flipped ability triggers. But in the case of Ork Bounty Hunter, the ability only triggers at crossfire level 2+.

2. You apply damage to obstacles one at a time in the order you choose, so yes, you can choose the order you defeat them in.

3. Cards that were played, including via Pair Programming, stay in play until their damage is applied. At that point [applying damage] it's too late to play e.g. Guiding Spirit since you are no longer in the "play cards" step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
SevenSpirits wrote:
1. The obstacle is facing you when the flipped ability triggers. But in the case of Ork Bounty Hunter, the ability only triggers at crossfire level 2+.

2. You apply damage to obstacles one at a time in the order you choose, so yes, you can choose the order you defeat them in.

3. Cards that were played, including via Pair Programming, stay in play until their damage is applied. At that point it's too late to play e.g. Guiding Spirit since you are no longer in the "play cards" step.

1. Argh, that's right, I forgot the 2+ on the text. Phew. Though that's still a tough start due to high damage.

3. I'm sorry, you lost me there. You can't use the Guiding Spirit redraw during the same card phase as the Guiding Spirit itself?
I was dubious on the Remington getting to be shuffled back, but I was under the impression I do the Guiding Spirit redraw during the card playing step?...
edit: Rereading the listing in the back of the manual, I'm going to assume I played Guiding right and misunderstood your last sentence.
In this case, let's say R1's hand is 2 Mana, and 1 Guiding Spirit while R1's deck has 0 and discard has 5 cards. On playing Guiding Spirit and discarding the 2 Mana, the discard will be shuffled and R1 will draw 2 of those 7 cards, both of which R1 can immediately play this same phase, right? But that Remington that used to be in the discard would not be shuffled back along with those 7 because it is currently in play via the Pair Programming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tibbles wrote:

edit: Rereading the listing in the back of the manual, I'm going to assume I played Guiding right and misunderstood your last sentence.
In this case, let's say R1's hand is 2 Mana, and 1 Guiding Spirit while R1's deck has 0 and discard has 5 cards. On playing Guiding Spirit and discarding the 2 Mana, the discard will be shuffled and R1 will draw 2 of those 7 cards, both of which R1 can immediately play this same phase, right? But that Remington that used to be in the discard would not be shuffled back along with those 7 because it is currently in play via the Pair Programming.

Yeah, you got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.