"The keeper can never have more than 8 threat tokens."

Will this work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
You'd want the cap to be higher. Playing with four investigators, a keeper who just uses Evil Presence once turn 1 (a very common and inoffensive opening) would run afoul of this cap.

Assuming you make it 10 or 12 instead, this wouldn't cause any problems. But it also wouldn't really solve any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
magikerendk wrote:
How about this:

Will this work?

Terrible idea.
The keeper needs to be able to hoard up to around 10 tokens sometimes for an awesome turn.

And of course if the keeper is hoarding more than 12 he is a terrible player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magikerendk wrote:
How about this:

Will this work?

What problem is this attempting to solve?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
byronczimmer wrote:

Save Up Threat And Win tricks, I'd assume. Most SUTAWs don't literally require you to stockpile that much threat, though. Like yeah, it works if you do, but spending the threat incrementally is typically enough too, and the fact that SUTAW is an option at all is just an easy way to show that the scenario has more fundamental balance problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
Amersham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Save Up Threat And Win tricks, I'd assume. Most SUTAWs don't literally require you to stockpile that much threat, though. Like yeah, it works if you do, but spending the threat incrementally is typically enough too, and the fact that SUTAW is an option at all is just an easy way to show that the scenario has more fundamental balance problems.

I agree. I considered a threat limit in my minimum changes to help prevent SUTAW but I decided it limited the keeper too much. My style of play as keeper was to go for the dramatic option rather than safe and boring play but this tended to lead to accumulating threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicola Zee wrote:
salty53 wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

I agree. I considered a threat limit in my minimum changes to help prevent SUTAW but I decided it limited the keeper too much. My style of play as keeper was to go for the dramatic option rather than safe and boring play but this tended to lead to accumulating threat.

If you are NOT playing for the dramatic you are doing this game terribly terribly wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.