Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessica Gustafsson
Sweden
Stenungsund
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I was wondering about the half-goblins special abilities "plea for help" and "pull rank". If the Dungeon Lords rolls a goblin and the Half-Goblin uses his ability to transform it into a thief, does that mean that he gets to steal one of the dice from the Dungeon Lord to keep as a thief(which feels op and unlikely) or does he take a dice from his graveyard and put that dice back into play as a thief? The occultist seems to work the same way.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but we just couldn't get past this discussion last time we played which left us unable to finish the game so I'd thought I'd ask to see if someone could settle this once and for all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Seabrook
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not silly at all, questions about 'Transforming' have been abundant.

Here's what Seth says about it:
"You just take the Dungeon die and put it with your party dice and pretend it's a Fighter. The Dungeon die itself has been transformed."

And remember that those abilities state that they go away during the Regroup Phase (so the end of this turn when all black dice are returned to the pool).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Gustafsson
Sweden
Stenungsund
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Trevor, for your swift reply!

Hmm, it does make the Half-Goblin feel a bit powerful since he steals a bit of the Dungeon Lords dicepool but I guess we can pit him against the Occultist for a fair fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sorensen
United Kingdom
Millom
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OrbitalBliss wrote:
And remember that those abilities state that they go away during the Regroup Phase (so the end of this turn when all black dice are returned to the pool).

Thanks for this; we've been playing this (and Occultist/Necromancer) wrong all this time, keeping the dice until the end of the delve, when they should be returned at the end of the current level. Makes quite a difference to those two; no wonder we smiled when we got them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Rockwell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I have a question about his special ability that lets him drink potions during the monster phase. Does this also cost a companion? i.e. are you just swapping one companion for another or are you resurrecting a companion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Seabrook
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UdderJuice wrote:
I have a question about his special ability that lets him drink potions during the monster phase. Does this also cost a companion? i.e. are you just swapping one companion for another or are you resurrecting a companion?

The Half Goblins Specialty doesn't remove/change the costs of opening chests and quaffing potions. Thieves can still open multiple chests, you can still use companion treasure tokens, etc.

Also, remember that when you quaff potions, you quaff ALL potions. So, if there were 3 potions, you could be changing a single Fighter into a couple Champions and a Scroll for example.

What he really lets you do is quaff potions to swap units into what you need during THIS monster phase. Or pull treasure in a desperate attempt to get what you need. Or to loot the room before using a Ring to escape the dungeon, in spite of the Monsters or a surprise Dragon attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.