14 Posts

Chaos in the Old World: The Horned Rat Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Never available again? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Just read the announcement on the FFG. If my understanding is correct, no reprint is planned and it was before removed from the Upcoming site

It is also out of stock almost everywhere in Europe and the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sinkovits
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correct.

It's possible that they will be allowed to reprint already developed material, but nothing new be created. I guess my hopes for a CitOW 10 year anniversary addition have been dashed. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul210 wrote:
I believe you are correct.

It's possible that they will be allowed to reprint already developed material, but nothing new be created. I guess my hopes for a CitOW 10 year anniversary addition have been dashed. whistle

The announcement is rather explicit about this bit:

FFG wrote:
Beginning February 28th, 2017, Fantasy Flight Games will no longer offer for sale any games in conjunction with Games Workshop, including Talisman and all games taking place in the Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000 universes.

There will be no reprints. The world really is coming to an end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
The worst part is announcing 'no reprints' when the product is out of stock - sounds like a bad joke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, 'never' is such a strong word... I'm quite confident that GW will at some point in the future release their own updated version of this game. The question is how much it will resemble FFG's version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
jhaelen wrote:
Well, 'never' is such a strong word... I'm quite confident that GW will at some point in the future release their own updated version of this game. The question is how much it will resemble FFG's version.

I'm sure that FFG can bring as many lawyers to a court battle as GW meanwhile. I guess GW would rather not take that risk; they prefer trampling weaker opponents.

A bit like Orks. I guess GW likes Orks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bene G.
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes seems, it will not come again. I was lucky today and picked up the last copy in my local game store...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
jhaelen wrote:

Very unlikely. More likely we'll see a rethemed update from FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:
Very unlikely. More likely we'll see a rethemed update from FFG.
I'm not sure which scenario is more likely. Perhaps we'll see both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Potter
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes me glad I didn't open my copy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let the price gouging begin! (sarcasm) I completely understand when some gamer wants to make an extra buck from an item in his gaming collection but I honestly loathe retailers and game stores who charge "collectors" prices at the moment when something in their stock is announced as out of print...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hill
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CITOW is in a difficult position. It's not a GW game. The game was designed by FFG, using the Old World IP. The probability is that it will be too hard for either company to produce it without the agreement of the other. At current prices of the Horned Rat on ebay, I'll probably attempt to print my own copy and use GW skaven for the minis (even thought they are a bit big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kastberg Hinrichsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I just got CitOW and I hate that I will probably never have the horned rat.. It goes for like 150 dollars on Amazon, but I am not that obsessed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jordan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
badge
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kicking myself. I ordered this for a friend before I had my own copy of Chaos (which I just picked up a couple weeks ago for $100). I got the expansion for about $20 and gave it to my friend....if I only knew...

Maybe in a year or two the prices will drop and you will see them pop up all over. I'm hoping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.