Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want the game, I suggest you call up your FLGS and have them special order the game for you. You will most likely pay MSRP doing so, but that is a lot better than what you will find online. If they aren't willing to work with you, order direct from FFG as they currently seem to have the best price.

It is out of stock now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Still in stock at Fantasy Flight Games.
I ordered it yesterday but it's showing as pending. I've never ordered from FFG direct and am a little worried it's not actually available and the order will be cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bane122 wrote:
I ordered it yesterday but it's showing as pending. I've never ordered from FFG direct and am a little worried it's not actually available and the order will be cancelled.

That would suck. I wasn't trying to falsely inflate anyone's hopes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
bane122 wrote:

To be clear I'm not accusing you of doing so. I was just giving my experience. For all I know, they just take a bit to process orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bane122 wrote:
bbblasterfire wrote:
bane122 wrote:

To be clear I'm not accusing you of doing so. I was just giving my experience. For all I know, they just take a bit to process orders.

I didn't take it that way. I would just feel a bit bad if your order doesn't go through is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
bane122 wrote:

How do you even see your order status? Just spent five minutes looking and can't find anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusanagi888 wrote:
bane122 wrote:

How do you even see your order status? Just spent five minutes looking and can't find anything.

To the left of your profile page will be a Store link, click that and you can then check order history.

My credit card was charged today so I feel a bit better that this is actually happening now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone that doesn't have this game and reading this should get this game now, not in a bit, not later, but now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, it's showing as out of stock now.

I wish it lasted longer for those that may miss it now. I didn't know anything about this game until researching the games on the discontinued list the other day and it looked fantastic. I just wish I was able to get the expansion but I feel lucky enough getting the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an order in for it through FFG. I'm really just wondering if it'll go through at this point. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get the credit card charge before the end of the week.

I also have a back-order through an OLGS. But, the OLGS indicated they may not get in enough to fulfill my back-order.

I've also tried finding anything decently priced on the secondary market. But, that market is insanity with $100+ (not including S/H) used copies. At this point, I'm thinking if the FFG copy doesn't get fulfilled, I'll probably just give the game a hard pass due to the prohibitive cost to own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Re: No longer l in stock at Fantasy Flight Games.
I assume what we're seeing now is inflated prices due to people panicking. CitOW has been selling for a long time, presumably well enough. I'd like to think there's enough 2nd hand copies floating about at reasonable prices once current situation calms down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
I still believe discontinuing a popular product that is out of stock is really an intolerable practice.

They've had enough time too schedule a reprint.

And then you go to their website and read about customer satisfaction being used top priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
I still believe discontinuing a popular product that is out of stock is really an intolerable practice.

And then you go to their website and read about customer satisfaction being used top priority.

So you are asking them to reprint something that they could not sell after certain date? The game has been around for years and if you want to pick one up prior to this mad rush you probably have no problem ordering one. I don't see what they did to be something horrible, it is a prudent thing for company to do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
antiquegamer wrote:
Don Sombrero wrote:

So you are asking them to reprint something that they could not sell after certain date? The game has been around for years and if you want to pick one up prior to this mad rush you probably have no problem ordering one. I don't see what they did to be something horrible, it is a prudent thing for company to do

Are you sure they would not be able to sell the batch? With the current demand and have of the discontinued games being on top of the hotness list, I would risk saying anything reprint would be sold out by the end of February.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nekku wrote:
I assume what we're seeing now is inflated prices due to people panicking. CitOW has been selling for a long time, presumably well enough. I'd like to think there's enough 2nd hand copies floating about at reasonable prices once current situation calms down.

As the game will be out of print for who knows how long, I think prices will remain inflated for a long while. I might be wrong, but I believe if we are to see a reprint, whoever decides to reprint will have to buy the rights from FFG and also obtain a license from GW. Unless there is a change to the situation, I don't expect prices to drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
bbblasterfire wrote:
As the game will be out of print for who knows how long, I think prices will remain inflated for a long while.

I fear you're right.

Would be a shame to see another good game get lost behind OOP-paywall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
I ordered on Monday from the FFG store, got shipping confirmation today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertastas wrote:

I was coming to post the same thing.

Four days from placing the order to shipping. Maybe that info can allay some concerns of those who ordered from Tuesday on and still have a pending status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bane122 wrote:
qwertastas wrote:

I was coming to post the same thing.

Four days from placing the order to shipping. Maybe that info can allay some concerns of those who ordered from Tuesday on and still have a pending status.

I apologize for any angst that I may have caused. I just didn't want people going to the site with high hopes only to get them squashed. It appears that anyone that was successful in placing an order will indeed get their order fulfilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
I apologize for any angst that I may have caused. I just didn't want people going to the site with high hopes only to get them squashed. It appears that anyone that was successful in placing an order will indeed get their order fulfilled.

Nothing to apologize for as far as I'm concerned, you were just trying to help people get the game. If FFG has an iffy inventory system and cancels orders it doesn't fall on you. You did what you could.

Hell, I ordered mine the day before this thread but didn't think to give a heads up on here so you're doing better than I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bane122 wrote:
bbblasterfire wrote:

Nothing to apologize for as far as I'm concerned, you were just trying to help people get the game. If FFG has an iffy inventory system and cancels orders it doesn't fall on you. You did what you could.

Hell, I ordered mine the day before this thread but didn't think to give a heads up on here so you're doing better than I.

I got my shipping confirmation as well. I think I ordered a day before it was no longer available to order through FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
A certain Canadian site just got a bunch in stock earlier today. Apparently the automoderator doesn't like links to this site when not posted in the Hot Deals forum.

Anyways, here's the link if anyone is still looking for the game at a non-inflated price
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23716365
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.