$30.00
Galgor I.
msg tools
mb
Since Euro Crisis is only a boardgame and only an incomplete simulation we decided to implement a full reserve banking system (whereas the real European banking system is a fractional reserve banking system) - curiously enough this was never mentioned in reviews...
I am thinking about a new game realizing either a fractional reserve banking system or a completely free banking system with different currencies (one per bank) - do you know if there is already such a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Moreno Serrano
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Join us every Tuesday night at the Woking Gaming Club!
badge
Interested in knowing in which games I'm working at the moment? Send me a geekmail to discover!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a go at a multi-currency game and it was not easy. Testers complained about how "Mathy" it could become. It also led to analysis paralysis as people were constantly looking for the best possible deal and there were 6 currencies and you ended up having a money wallet with a mix of currencies and people were always counting how many of the six currencies they had.

On the other hand, stock holding games are a bit like a multi-currency game, in a way, so I am sure that a successful multi-currency game is possible. I was just not good enough a designer.

By the way, keep me in the loop on this development, as I am obviously interested in such a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... so I can bear with you, please!
badge
Playing is the most serious thing there is.
mbmbmbmbmb

Apparently Crunch: The Game for Utter Bankers is one such game. Allegedly, it is a goofy and rather unbalanced party game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.