Devil's Run: Route 666» Forums » General

Subject: Devil's Run: Hell's Highway KS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daniel clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Devil's Run: Hell's Highway KS is live now for those that havent noticed it

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wordforgegames/the-devi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks... what is in there for 1st campaign backers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Its looking good so far

the version they are offering at KS will be the KS version and the retail version will be something slightly different from what Mark R has said so far

models in the main box are now all 1 piece (8 models originally but SG's are adding more already) and are all new Law Haulage and Skinner vehicles

new missions and new road tiles

better tokens

KS exclusive Del O'Ryan (Delorian) model

KS exclusive add-on unlocked of the Alpha team

New Faction (Vykers)announced

will be more im sure but we arent even past the first 24 hours yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Alligiero
msg tools
Have clear and and complete rules for the first run's backers should be better than start a new KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rapson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Can you clarify this statement please. What do you feel is not clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Marcil
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the two factions that are included in the core box? The KS doesn't seem to be very clear about this. Are these the Law Haulage Company and the Purple Caussairs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Killa Mini's
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the basic rules have been ready for quite some time now. It's the advanced rules that are in the "living document phase". Although this can be perceived as incomplete, it's the proper approach imo. Release it beta, let the community play with it, take feedback and make adjustments. It's a formula that is proven to make people happy and the finished product shine. Obviously, I'm quite happy with what's been presented so far and might I say I'm difficult to please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Alligiero
msg tools
Hi Mark,
Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't understand how to resolve a pile-up.
I think rules are not clear about this point.
There is no answer in the "questions" subject.

And after 4 game, I have a question, and I can't understand why not specified in the rules:
What happen if a car or bigger vehicle sideswipe 2 others vehicles?
Or ram, or ram on the brake, in case of a behemoth for example?

I appreciate having a living rules book, I really think that is a good thing, but in this case it seems an excuse cause the rules are not complete and written. In my opinion, creating a game is more than creating game material and then writing the rules. Is my feeling about this game, not really play tested, simple rules cause not complete.

Thanx for reading/answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rapson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Dante

Please read page 26 in the Core rule book and let me know what specifically is unclear and I will clarify

When completing the offensive move action a (1) target is declared. That vehicle has the option to attempt an Evade. No other vehicle does. Hence the other vehicle is automatically hit as specified in the Evade rules

Regarding the Living Rule book, quite clearly there are 2 polar points of view here (see Scott's above). I can assure you that it is playtested, but from experience (I was a co-writer for Warzone Resurrection), I know that no matter how much testing is done by the writer and design team and playtesters, ALWAYS something comes up post publication. Hence I chose to Living Rulebook the Advanced rules as Beta rather than produce an actual rulebook which would subsequently need a ton of errata. The Advanced rulebook is defined as BETA and once we have collated the constructive feedback and questions which will make the advanced rules clearer we will move to 'Version 1.0' and publish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.