Stage II» Forums » General

Subject: Extra cards for old trivia game (Stage II Trivia) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Iaquinta
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Game is Stage II Trivia, Milton Bradley, mid-80's. Game has been discontinued but originally they offered "an extra set of 6,000 questions for $19.95" or thereabouts. Has anyone purchased this extra set? Do you want to sell it? I'm not even sure if the game was around long enough to produce extra cards. But it's a great game, MUCH better (IMHO) than Trivial Pursuit, TriBond, and the others.

Thanks,
Larry

Lexington, KY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a great game, but I haven't run across anyone who actually purchased any extra cards. I'm betting they never actually came out with the set. Much like Avalon Hill's Slang, which promised Sexual Slang and Urban Slang, which never seem to have made it onto the streets.

That said, I bet a well-placed request right here could get several home-brewed versions into the "Files" section in a short amount of time. Whaddaya think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Case
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Randy is correct. There was an insert in the original game with an ad for the expansion which I am fairly certain never came. I looked around quite a bit in the 80's and it never showed up anywhere.

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Iaquinta
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Randy and Greg - thanks for replying. At least now I know that SOMEONE else has heard of the mysterious phantom extra set of cards :-)

Randy - I'm kind of new to this forum. What did you mean by the "files section"?

"That said, I bet a well-placed request right here could get several home-brewed versions into the "Files" section in a short amount of time. Whaddaya think?"

Thanks & have a good weekend,
Larry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
larryq22 wrote:
Randy and Greg - thanks for replying. At least now I know that SOMEONE else has heard of the mysterious phantom extra set of cards :-)

Randy - I'm kind of new to this forum. What did you mean by the "files section"?

"That said, I bet a well-placed request right here could get several home-brewed versions into the "Files" section in a short amount of time. Whaddaya think?"

Thanks & have a good weekend,
Larry

Wow, it's been three years and I finally saw this (too bad we didn't have subscriptions way back when).

By now you probably know that there is a files section (like this forum section) associated with each game entry on this site. People can download files (e.g. Word documents). If someone had their own questions, they could post them as a file so everyone could add those questions to their collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.